- Lunch menu to keep you going all day
- Includes a tasty breakfast to help you start the day right
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
The Rainbow Mountain (Montaña 7 colores), or Vinicunca, is a mountain in Peru with an altitude of 5,200 meters above sea level. The mountain itself is stunning and offers a view of the spectacular Ausangate area.
On this trek, you'll see quaint villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you'll get magnificent views of Ausangate Mountain (6,385 m / 20,945 ft), the highest mountain in the Cusco region.
You'll depart from Cusco (or the Sacred Valley) between 3.00am and 5.00am and head to Checacupe for an optional breakfast.
The tour continues to Kirawiri at 4600 masl. From this point the trekking will begin, accompanied by beautiful landscapes inter-Andean colored with alpacas, llamas, vicuñas and Andean birds. When you reach Vinicunca, the Rainbow mountain, you can also appreciate Apu Ausangate, the highest mountain in Cusco.
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips (optional)
- It is recommended to spend at least two days in Cusco or in the Sacred Valley before the trek in order to properly acclimate to the high-altitude climate
- If you are not in optimum physical conditions for the walk, you can rent a horse beforehand
- Maximum height. 5080 msnm
- Distance to travel: 6 km
- Duration of the trekking: approximately 5 hours
Spend two incredible days hiking through the Peruvian mountains while meeting and interacting with l...
Explore the indigenous community and all it has to offer on this tour of the Potato Park! Meet the l...
Enjoy an exciting day discovering how coffee is grown in Cusco! Have a tour of an organic coffee est...
Qosqo Maki is an NGO dedicated to providing a supportive environment to uplift children from destitu...
Discover how weavers use a simple drop spindle to produce the numerous threads they need to create t...
Experience daily life and culture in Cusco with a visit to FairServices! Enjoy a refreshing welcome ...