Private Taj Mahal and Agra tour taking the Express train from Delhi
- Visit the astonishing Taj Mahal mausoleum
- Experience the Express train ride to the city of Agra
- Enjoy a private guided tour
The tour starts with a convenient pick-up in Delhi at around 7.00am, you will be heading to Nizamuddin railway station where your Express train leaves at 8.00am for a 90-minute journey to Agra, breakfast onboard is served.
Once you arrive at Agra Cantt station at 9.30am a private guide will be waiting for you with a signboard displaying your name.
The guide will take you to the Taj Mahal, the breathtaking mausoleum commissioned by Shah Jahn, the Mughal emperor in 17th Century, in order to house the tomb of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. The mausoleum is constructed of ivory-white marble and you will be astonished by its majestic view. The Taj Mahal visit will take 2 hours and following you will be guided to the nearby Agra Fort, also part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Fort has been the main residence of the Mughal Emperors up to 1638, the year during which the capital moved from Agra to Delhi. There will be a delightful lunch break at an authentic multi-cuisine Indian restaurant. After the break, the tour continues to the Tomb of I'timād-ud-Daulah, also referred to as the Baby Taj, it is also a mausoleum.
That will be the last stop before returning to Agra Station at 4.30pm and getting the train, which leaves at 5.45, back to Delhi.
- Pick-up/drop-off service
- Two-way standard tickets for the fast train Gatimaan
- Breakfast and dinner onboard
- Private tour guide of Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Baby Taj
- Water bottles and umbrellas
- Private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- Entrance fees of the monuments
- Meals that are not onboard
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Children (0-13): free
Pick-up service is available.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Please take into consideration that Taj Mahal is closed on Friday
- The wheelchairs are admitted
- You are kindly requested to always carry with you a valid document with your photo (passport, ID, driving license) for the train journeys especially
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Under certain circumstances (such as special Holidays or heavy winter fog)train tickets may not be available. As a replacement a private car drive will be arranged, the local partner will get in contact with the customer
- Daily except Fridays
- Pick-up time: 7.00am
- Train departure from Delhi: 8.00am
- Arrival in Agra: 9.30am
- Train departure from Agra: 5.45pm
The journey starts with a private pick-up from Delhi. The drive to Agra lasts approximately three ho...
You can choose a flexible time between 9.00am and 12.00pm to start your tour. You will get a pick-up...
This hop-on/hop-off bus tour provides sightseeing options to tourists who are willing to explore Del...
Start your customized tour with morning pickup from your hotel. Travel in comfort in an air-conditio...
If you want to see the authentic charms of Old Delhi, this is the perfect tour. Your guide will meet...
Experience the swanky and swift metro, the very lifeline of the city, and reach Old Delhi to get sta...
The Elephanta Caves are situated on the famous Elephanta Island. They are dedicated to the Hindu God...
The capital of India is a potent mix of old and new, showcasing the country's mighty history and thi...
Relive history as you find traces of a long-lost civilization and rediscover the charm and grandeurs...
The tour starts with a bright and early pick-up in Delhi that will drop you off at the railway stati...