Your first stop is a traditional racetrack, Al-Shahaniya Racetrack. Your next stop is a one-stop-shop when it comes to museums, Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum or Sheikh Faisal Museum for short. It has 15 halls that host around 15.000 relics with four categories. The first category is Islamic art and there are 8 halls that display the artwork including Islamic textiles, Islamic manuscripts, Islamic paintings, and verses of the Qur'an. The second category is a collection of vehicles like bikes and automobiles in the museum, some of which date back to 1885. The third category is coins and currency where you can see ancient methods of payment before Islam came to the Middle East like silver and gold coins. The last category you can see is artifacts related to the traditional Qatari heritage. You will see various items including pearling equipment, Bedouin handicraft, and even a traditional Dhow boat!
Excursions & day trips
Al-Shahaniya Racetrack and Sheikh Faisal Museum tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 4 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Learn the history at a traditional racetrack, Al-Shahaniya
- Visit Sheikh Faisal Museum
- See Islamic art, vehicles, coins and currency, and traditional Qatari artifcts
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Sheikh Faisal Museum entrance fee
- Al-Shahaniya camel race track visit
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Pick-up from your hotels in Doha. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to tlhe tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Travel Designer W.L.L.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.