Half day excursion of Ahu Akivi and the Seven Moais
- Discover Ahu Akivi, one of the few platforms where the moais seem to look towards the sea
- Visit Ana Te Pahu cave
- Learn about Puna Pau, small crater of red scoria in which the Pukao were made, hats or crowns of the moais
Departure from your hotel at Easter Island to Ahu Akivi, one of the few platforms on the island where the Moais face the ocean. Legend tells that these structures represent the seven explorers sent by King Hotu Matu’a before his colonization voyage. After this visit, we will continue our trip toward the site of Puna Pau, a small red scoria crater, a location at which the Pukao were made, a kind of hats or topknots placed on top of some Moais of the island.
Finally, visit Ahu Uri Aurenga, which has a single statue and has the distinction of having an orientation in the line of the winter solstice, marking not only the beginning of this season (tonga), but also the time of different taboo (prohibitions) regulating fishing and other activities on the island. Astronomically it is also facing east, lined with two neighbouring hills, and Maunga Mataengo and Maunga Tararaina, as well as 2 smaller Ahu nearby. Afterwards, you will be returned to your hotel at Easter Island.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Hanga Roa hotels
- Bilingual guide (English or Spanish)
- Passenger transport insurance
- Rapa Nui National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
During checkout, you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel in Hanga Roa for pick-up.
- Entrance fee to Rapa Nui National Park is not included, this ticket is required to visit the park
- Wear rain clothes (during winter), comfortable walking shoes and clothes, use sunblock and sunglasses
Let us introduce you to the mysteries of Easter Island...Departing from Hanga Roa, this tour will ta...
After visiting the beautiful Easter Island with the unique landscape that has to offer to all their ...
After your arrival at Easter Island, this transfer service will give you a special welcome that will...
Depart from your hotel in Easter Island to the dock from where you will board the boat that will tak...
Learn how to surf is an experience on its own, but to do it in Rapa Nui is unforgettable. Our travel...
Departure from your hotel towards the Cave Ana Kai Tangata, where in one of its walls, birds are dra...