Flavours of the East Coast
- Sample delicious Scottish cheese and whisky
- Learn about the rich cultural heritage of Scotland's east coast
- Tour the beautiful seaside town of St Andrews
You'll be taken off the beaten path where you'll sample delicious food and drinks, provided by local businesses that highlight the rich cultural history of the East Coast of Scotland. On this unique food and drink coach tour, you don't have to trudge the streets walking and standing in the rain! You'll enjoy being taken by luxury coach to sample local food and drink while enjoying a scenic drive along Scotland's east coast.
After leaving Edinburgh your first stop will be a photo opportunity of these three magnificent bridges, which connect Edinburgh to Fife where you'll be spending the day at different stops to enjoy the local produce.
Cheese House Farm
These local farmers and family run business have been in the East Neuk of Fife since the 1930s and had started to make cheese ten years ago. You'll enjoy samples of award-winning cheeses and a glass of wine or tea/coffee. As well as a short cheese and farming talk; you can watch the cheesemaking from the Viewing Gallery. On a clear day, you can sit outside the coffee shop on the balcony and enjoy the panoramic views down across the fields towards the Firth of Forth and beyond.
Only a short distance until your next stop at Ovenstone Brewery, a brand-new microbrewery in the East Neuk of Fife. Instead of a polished tour you might get elsewhere, here you will meet the team who actually make the craft beer and of course you'll have the opportunity to enjoy tasting an up and coming brand that you can tell your friends and family you were amongst the first to try. Before our next stop, you'll enjoy a scenic tour of St Andrews with a photo stop, down by the golf course. Just on the skirts of the hub of St Andrews, is the Balgove Larder. This Farm House has become a hub for top-notch, locally reared, grown, stalked, caught, handmade, and prepared foods. Scotland is home to some of the world’s best beef, game, seafood and produce. Instead of seeing this amazing food shipped off to the far corners of the globe, Balgrove prefer to keep it right here on home turf. Everything they raise and grow on the farm travels just a few miles, at most, and ends up right here in the shop.
Here you'll enjoy a 30-minute tour plus a tasting board in the Steak Barn or Café (depending as the barn has seasonal opening)
Your final stop of the day is at Kings Barns Distillery. Discover how the founder of the Kingsbarns Distillery was inspired to build a distillery while working as a golf caddie at the neighbouring Kingsbarns Golf Links. Here you have the option of a Whisky OR Gin tour and tasting. After your full day of sampling and learning about local produce in the East of Scotland you'll enjoy a scenic journey back to Edinburgh.
- Hotel pick up
- Cheese tasting with wine over a talk and view of the cheesemaking process
- Microbrewery visit and tasting
- Tour and a tasting board at a local St Andrews supplier
- (Tasting offerings are based on seasonal availability)
- Guided distillery tour and tasting
- Whisky OR Gin option
- Guided tour with a fully trained and experienced driver/guide
- Central Edinburgh city centre drop offs
- Additional food items
- Hotel drop off
Hotel pickup from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses
You will be contacted by the tour operator upon booking to confirm pick up details
- Present a copy of your printed electronic voucher to your driver in order to redeem services
- Amendments to dates and tour changes are subject to a £5.00 administration fee
- This tour has a 10 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met
- In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered
- Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to travel
- Under 18s cannot be permitted to taste or join alcohol tours
- PLEASE NOTE THE PICKUP TIME IS APPROXIMATE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED BY EMAIL OR PHONE
- Departure from Edinburgh at 9:00 am
- Schedule subject to change. Check the calendar for updated details
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
Departing Edinburgh, you will travel westwards for your first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...