Ghosts & Ghouls evening walking tour of Edinburgh
- Take an informed, chilling look at Edinburgh’s ghostly past
- Explore the Blair Street Underground Vaults with an expert storyteller
- Recover with a taste of Dewar’s Scotch Whisky in a candlelit cellar
The night begins with a walking tour of the darker closes and wynds of Edinburgh, before journeying into the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults. Finally, you’ll retire to a candlelit cellar for a dram of Scottish whisky and an evening of storytelling.
Take your place as a member of the ‘Edinburgh mob’, which once surged in riot past the Mercat Cross. Hear grisly tales of witchcraft, torture and restless spirits as you venture down medieval closes and descend into the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults. Your cloaked guide will lead you through the dimly lit caverns, filling the night with stories – all of them true. As night thickens, you’ll gather in Megget’s cellar for a whisky – or a glass of lager or soft drink if you’re not fond of a dram. In the warmth of candlelight, your storyteller will conjure more tales of Edinburgh’s ghoulish past, and the tortured souls that stalk the city’s streets.
- Tour with expert guide
- Whisky tasting or a glass of lager or soft drink
- Children (5-15 years old)
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
- Family tickets (2 adults, 2 children)
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Megget's Cellar, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
- Family tickets cover 2 adults and 2 children between 5 and 15 years old
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Children over five years of age are welcome– but you’ll need to judge if they’re up to it!
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Tour departs at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm daily, year-round
- Tour lasts about 2h00
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
This tour is all about Fife, and to get there you will cross the Firth of Forth - the perfect chance...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults with access no other tour company can offer, the...
Discover the story of Scotland through its capital city and the National Museum. You will see the pl...