JK Rowling's Edinburgh a walking tour inspired by Harry Potter
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Tell the guide what you want and let them focus the tour on your interests
- Participate in the event yourself and become part of the show
JK Rowling is a moderately influential woman who's sold a few books...on this tour you'll dive deep into her history.
Learn to use failure as a springboard, be inspired, stay committed and conquer the world. Discover the sights that inspired her and the cafes which fueled her. Experience how her adopted daughter, Edina (Edinburgh) once more left footprints upon the world!
Over 2½ hours learn the entire genesis of Harry Potter, from lightning striking on a Manchester train to becoming a pillar of British culture and shaping a generation.
- Explore 50% of Edinburgh's "Hogwartian" old town, discover fabulous gothic scenes off the Muggle-track, the brickwork of Rowling's imagination
- Learn how an unhappy marriage was the birthing of the world's most beloved books.
- Feel how Rowling's grief deepened the stories
- Cower in terror as we meet dragons, sphinxes and a unicorn
- Visit Old Parliament Hall (weekdays only): learn how British history inspired the history of the wizarding world
Chosen by novelists and a US university studying Harry Potter, this is a writer's tour, which gives:
It may even transport you to a magical world, at least if the wind from Edinburgh's 11 breweries is blowing the right way.
Follow JK Rowling from her poverty bound Azkaban prison cell, to becoming the world's most loved writer, master of Gringotts.
- Guided walking tour
- Tips (optional)
- Children under 19: reduced
Tour starts besides the statue of the Duke of Wellington on his horse Copenhagen, opposite the Balmoral Hotel
- The tour requires at least two people to be run
- Please note this walking tour lasts just over 3 hours and may not be suitable for those with mobility issues
Tour available on:
- Saturdays 10:00 am
- Mondays 10:00 am
- Wednesdays 10:00 am
- Fridays 10:00 am
The tour is not available on the following dates:
- 6th June to 11th of June
- Monday 2 July
- Wednesday 5th July
- Saturday 7th July
- Wednesday 11 July
- Monday 16 July
- Monday 23rd to Sat 28th July
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
Your day of adventure starts as you travel out of Edinburgh, driving past the historic city of Stirl...
You'll follow in the footsteps of Scotland's greatest legends Rob Roy and William Wallace, discover ...
The night begins with a walking tour of the darker closes and wynds of Edinburgh, before journeying ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
What better way to start your bus tour journey than at Waverley Bridge and enjoy the ride as we driv...
Lochs, Castles and Distilleries are three things that most visitors find synonymous with Scotland. I...
A chilling way to explore Edinburgh after dark – and underground. Strictly adult-only, this ghost to...
You'll be taken to South Queensferry to view the incredible engineering feat and UNESCO World Herita...
Leaving Edinburgh, you'll travel west to 600 year old Doune Castle where you'll learn about how the ...