JK Rowling is a moderately influential woman who's sold a few books...on this tour you'll dive deep into her history.
Learn to use failure as a springboard, be inspired, stay committed and conquer the world. Discover the sights that inspired her and the cafes which fueled her. Experience how her adopted daughter, Edina (Edinburgh) once more left footprints upon the world!
Over 2½ hours learn the entire genesis of Harry Potter, from lightning striking on a Manchester train to becoming a pillar of British culture and shaping a generation.
- Explore 50% of Edinburgh's "Hogwartian" old town, discover fabulous gothic scenes off the Muggle-track, the brickwork of Rowling's imagination
- Learn how an unhappy marriage was the birthing of the world's most beloved books.
- Feel how Rowling's grief deepened the stories
- Cower in terror as we meet dragons, sphinxes and a unicorn
- Visit Old Parliament Hall (weekdays only): learn how British history inspired the history of the wizarding world
Chosen by novelists and a US university studying Harry Potter, this is a writer's tour, which gives:
It may even transport you to a magical world, at least if the wind from Edinburgh's 11 breweries is blowing the right way.
Follow JK Rowling from her poverty bound Azkaban prison cell, to becoming the world's most loved writer, master of Gringotts.