Tour of Rosslyn Chapel, Stirling Castle & Dunfermline Abbey
- Visit Dunfermline Abbey, the resting place of Robert the Bruce
- Explore the magnificent Stirling castle or wander the historic city
- See the mysterious Rosslyn Chapelchapel from The Da Vinci Code
- Travel aboard a luxury mini-coach
This tour brings Scotland’s medieval history to life. Starting with a more modern marvel, you will visit the Forth Railway Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. As you cross into Fife, your guide will tell you about the heroes of Scotland’s past who battled in this ancient kingdom.
Your first stop will be the town of Dunfermline. Here, you will have the chance to visit the beautiful Dunfermline Abbey (optional extra subject to availability) and the Abbey Church. The nave is the final resting place of Robert the Bruce, who battled for Scotland’s right to be a nation.
You will then make a stop in the city of Stirling, where you’ll have ample time to stroll through the ancient streets that make up the old town. Alternatively, you can take this time to visit one the most important castles in Scottish history, Stirling Castle. From here, you will head to Bannockburn, the battlefield where Robert the Bruce routed the English in 1314. Time permitting, there will be a quick stop to view the statue of Robert the Bruce on his horse.
The tour will finish with one of the most iconic historical mysteries at Rosslyn Chapel (optional extra subject to availability), made famous with Dan Brown’s novel the Da Vinci Code. Is this the resting place of the Holy Grail? No one really knows, but you’ll love the chapel and the beautiful walk through the ruins of the castle.
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Entrance fee to Sterling Castle, Rosslyn Chapel and Dunfermline Abbey
- Children aged 3-15 years
- Adults over 60 years
- Students (with ID)
1 Parliament Square
Royal Mile/High Street
Edinburgh EH1 1RE
In front of Caffè Nero
- Entrance to Sterling Castle can be purchased on site. Please check the official website for opening hours.
- Adult (16 - 59 yrs): £15.00
- Child (5 - 15 yrs): £9.00
- Children under 5 years old: free
- Concession (60 yrs+ and unemployed): £12.00
- Entrance to Durfermline Abbey can be purchased on site. Please check the official website for opening hours.
- Adult (16 - 59 yrs): £5.00
- Child (5 - 15 yrs): £3.00
- Children under 5 years old: free
- Concession: £4.00
- Entrance to Rosslyn Chapel can be purchased on site. Please check the official website for opening hours.
- Adult (16 - 59 yrs): £9.00
- Concession (60 yrs+ and unemployed): £7.00
- Children accompanied by adults can enter the chapel for free
- As you will travel in mini-coaches, luggage space is limited. You can bring one cabin sized piece of luggage, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, which cannot exceed 15kg, to be stored in the boot of the bus and one small handbag or rucksack to have on the bus with you
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 3
- Every Saturday
- 9th April to 14th October: every Tuesday and Friday
- Closed 24 & 31 December
- Departs from meeting point at 09.00am (check in 08.45am)
- Return to meeting point around 05.30pm
As you drive northeast out of Edinburgh, you will have the chance to admire the Kelpies, two 30-metr...
Departing Edinburgh, you will travel westwards for your first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of...
Your day of adventure starts as you travel out of Edinburgh, driving past the historic city of Stirl...
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
Departing from Edinburgh, this tour will travel north-west, venturing to Midhope Castle which is als...
Leaving Edimburgh the tour begins with a journey north to Kinross and to Dewar's Aberfeldy Distiller...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish wilderness? Are you fascinated by the mystical fol...
See some of Scotland’s most beautiful places on this day trip from Edinburgh.You’ll head to South Qu...
A chilling way to explore Edinburgh after dark – and underground. Strictly adult-only, this ghost to...