- Take a walk back in time at this historical site
- Learn about the history and archaeology by your expert guide
- Discover the Rose City and marvel in the unique rock-cut architecture
You will begin your adventure to Petra from your hotel in Eilat. Your driver will guide you to the Jordanian border and assist with border proceedings before you continue the tour. Petra was occupied by over 20,000 residents and was very prosperous. Petra is an inherritance that was left by the Nabataens over 2000 yearrs ago creating one of the greatest water systems of their time and you will be able to explore this amazing city with a qualified licensed guide. The Nabataens created great facades in the sandstone in the typical Roman architectual manner, the most famous of them is the Treasury. You will enter through the Siq (the pathway, a crack in the sandstone), to arrive at the Treasury. Then continue the tour to see the Roman theater which you can see the tombs still there between the seating. The amphitheater once held over 4000 seats. There are many temples, statues, crypts, and facade, numbering about 800 in Petra and you will be able to explore these on your tour. After the tour you will go for lunch in a local authentic restaurant before you are taken back to your hotel in Eilat.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Visa charges
- Border tax
- Personal and health insurance
- Children (4-12): reduced
- Infants (0-3): reduced
You will be picked up direct from your hotel in Eilat. Please povide hotel details when you make your booking.
- A current and valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This tour is not suitable for children 3 and under
- Dress code:
- Winter: warm clothing
- Summer: cool, comfortable, and head-covering clothing
- Good walking shoes
- Tour operates daily
- Hotel pick-up: approximately 8.10am
- Please be in your hotel lobby ten minutes prior to hotel pick-up
- Hotel drop-off: 7.00-7.30pm
Petra was left by the Nabateans thousands of years ago. In ancient times Petra was a sanctuary or a ...
Cairo is the largest city in the whole of the Middle East and the population is over 6.5 million. Yo...
Explore the waters of the Red Sea on this introductory dive. This is not a course but will give you ...
On this two day tour you will discover the incredible desert city of Petra, one of the eight wonders...
On this two day tour of Petra you will discover the historical and archaeological splendor of one of...
On this two day tour to Cairo you will discover Egypt's most populated city, home to the pyramids, t...