To start off this tour, you will be picked up from your hotel in Ella at 4.15 am and in 2 hours, you will reach Horton Plains. It is a protected area in the central highlands 2100-2300 meters above sea level which contains mountain grasslands and cloud forest. Horton Plains provide water to the main three rivers of the island, Mahaweli, Kelani, and Wallwe, where there are endemic woody plant mammals, birds only endemic to Horton Plains. Once you arrive there, you will be able to have breakfast and start your guided walk tour at 7.00am. You will enjoy a 3-4 hour walk to see various plants and animals that make Horton Plains their home like the sambar deer, birds, and Maharathmal flower along the way. You will also see the beautiful Baker's fall and once you finish your 9.5km walk, you will have lunch and continue your walk to see various tea plantations and vegetable cultivations before returning to Ella.
Horton Plains National Park tour from Ella
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 10 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- See the beautiful sunrise at Horton Plains National Park
- Enjoy a 3-4 hour walk to see sambar deer, birds, and Maharathmal flower
- Visit tea plantations and vegetable cultivations
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees to all sites
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (age 3-11)
- Infants (age 0-2): free admission
Pick-up from your hotels in Ella, Sri Lanka. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses, sun hat
- Please do not bring your luggage or large bags
- This activity is not recommended for those with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions, pregnant women, people with back problems or with limited mobility
- Please contact the local supplier 48 hours before departure to confirm the pick-up time and location
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Aitken Spence Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.