- Skip the line into the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo's David
- Visit Florence's world-famous Duomo and the Gates of Paradise
- See the Piazza della Repubblica and the famous Ponte Vecchio
- Learn Florence's history with an expert, English-speaking local guide
Florence is packed full of world-famous sites and this Best of Florence Tour is designed to let you see them all (and learn the stories behind them) in a single morning.
We’ll start by skipping the line at the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David, as well as his partially-finished Slaves; for a unique insight into how he turned jagged rock into the beautiful, lifelike figures of his sculptures. You’ll also hear stories of Leonardo Da Vinci and the powerful Medici family whose patronage made Florence one of the hot beds of the Renaissance art world.
Next you will visit Florence Duomo to gasp at the painted interior of Brunelleschi’s famous dome and to hear the story of how he had to re-learn lost architectural knowledge in order to design and build it. We’ll also stop off at the Baptistery to admire the stunning golden Gates of Paradise, and learn the story of the cut-throat competition that produced them.
After the Duomo you’ll take to the streets to see some of Florence’s iconic landmarks including the titanic Palazzo Vecchio, the statues of the Orsanmichele church, the Pizza della Repubblica and Piazza della Signoria, the Porcellino pig (rub his nose for good luck!) and of course, Italy’s most picturesque bridge, the Ponte Vecchio.
As you walk the sites will come to life with the stories told by your expert, English speaking guide. In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have plenty of time to ask questions and learn about the incredible history of this unforgettable city from the ground up.
- Michelangelo’s David and Slaves in the Accademia
- Ponte Vecchio
- Florence Duomo
- Baptistery Doors and Gates of Pradise
- Piazza della Signoria
- Palazzo Vecchio (from outside)
- Orsanmichele Church (from outside)
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Guided Florence walking tour
- Skip the line tickets to Florence Accademia (David)
- Tickets to Florence Duomo
- Small groups of max 15
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Piazza San Marco, 50121 Firenze FI
Meeting Point: In Piazza San Marco, by the statue in the middle of the square.
Meeting Point Directions: this is a centrally-located square adjacent to Via degli Arazzieri and Via Giorgio la Pira, about 1/3 mile north of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral.
- Note: We advise our clients that the Cathedral of Florence is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes any regular explanation of the Cathedral from the outside and extra highlights of the city center. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- Please remember that the Duomo (Cathedral) is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
-In some cases it may not be possible to enter Florence Duomo on your guided tour due to long security lines. At these times your guide will give you an explanation from outside and leave you to visit in your free time if you wish.
- 8.15am (January & February)
- 8.30am (May to October)
- 1.45pm (March to October)
Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
Sáltate la cola y disfruta de una visita con un guía profesional al edificio más importante de Flore...
¡Prepárate para escuchar las historias que hacen de Florencia una de las ciudades más cautivadoras d...
Florencia es una de las ciudades más accesibles de Italia, pero también está llena de gemas escondid...
¡Descubre lo mejor de Florencia en menos de 2 horas! Explora la catedral de Santa María del Fiore, e...
Explora algunos de los monumentos más famosos de l cultura ancestral de Florencia y descubre los mis...
Descubre el centro histórico de Florencia mediante este recorrido a pie de 3 horas por la ciudad, du...
Descubre por qué Florencia se convirtió en la cuna del Renacimiento en este tour a pie de 90 minutos...
Descubre Florencia desde un nuevo punto de vista: pasea por las callejuelas del centro histórico mie...
Alejate de Florencia en una brillante araña clásica para una inolvidable excursión de un día complet...
El pueblo de San Gimignano, la zona de Chianti y la ciudad medieval de Siena se encuentran en el cor...