Dark Heart of Florence - walking tour by night
- Experience Florence by night in a unique way with your expert English-speaking guide
- Hear stories and legends that most other tours do not share with you
- Enjoy the tour in a small group size of 25 people or less
Listen to the stories that make Florence one of Italy’s most captivating cities. Tales of tragic love and of gruesome Medici family feuds, you will learn about the city’s historical faces. You will visit some of the famous sites, such as Piazza Signoria and Ponte Vecchio and when the darkness takes over the night you will hear the stories and legends they do not share on other tours.
This tour reveals sordid tales of the true Florence of the Medieval Ages. When business was cutthroat and protecting your home from intruders meant always having a cauldron of boiling water ready for use. It was a time when streets deemed “too dark” were closed as a matter of public safety and traitors were burned and their bodies hung out in public as a warning to all. Hear about the series of events that led to the attempted assassination of the Medici heirs (in a church no less) and the love stories that set medieval Florentine tongues wagging.
Your expert, English-speaking guide will lead you around the city uncovering the history hidden behind these stonewalls. You will see Palazzo di Bianca Cappello, a palace built by the Grand Duke for his mistress discovering the cause of their mysterious deaths…Which was only recently brought to light through the use of modern technology. With Piazza Signoria and Ponte Vecchio on route, you will see some of the most famous sites of Florence! The stories that your guide will share with you are ones less known to the public. It is not all treachery and treason though. Your tour will end on a sweet note with a stop at one of Florence’s best gelaterias for a gelato of your choice!
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Gelato (one per person)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infant 0-3 years old: free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
- Child (4-14): reduced
Piazza degli Strozzi, 16R, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
In front of the Louis Vuitton store in Piazza degli Strozzi
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Meeting Time: 7.30pm
- Departure Time: 7.45pm
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated & missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
The tour ends around 9.45pm at Ponte Santa Trinità.
Углубленный послеобеденную экскурсию, всемирно известный просмотр картины, искусство и пейзажи. Начи...
Более 750 работ, наибольшая концентрация флорентийской монументальной скульптурой в мире: статуи и с...
Фиолетовых скал, красный и желтый рыбацких деревень: окунуться в цвет Чинкве-Терре! Манарола, Вернац...
С помощью нашего привратник (кто даст вам все инструкции), борт скоростного поезда, чтобы добраться ...
Мы подберем тебя на месте встречи в центре Флоренции и мы отвезем тебя в наш микроавтобус до Кьянти ...
Приходи и стань звездой большой классический тур по Флоренции театральных декораций и вдоль легендар...