Florence Oltrarno tour with artisan workshops and art treasures in Santo Spirito district
- Discover the charm of the picturesque Oltrarno district
- Admire real local craftsmen at work
- Visit the wonderful Santo Spirito Monumental complex
- Enjoy a small group experience
Don't miss a unique walking tour of Florence off the beaten track in the charming Oltrarno district, to discover the local unique workshops and the amazing Santo Spirito Church with Michelangelo's unmissable wooden sculpture. Enjoy a thrilling walking tour with your professional guide, through one of the most picturesque districts of Florence, where you can meet the genuine Florentine people and learn how they live and work in.
A short distance away from the impressive Piazza Pitti, you will visit some of the extraordinary workshops where to admire local artisans at work, producing marvelous traditional handicrafts such as shoes, engravings, art prints, marble paper, enamel, silver objects, mosaic art work made with ancient Medicean technique and carved wood articles. Led by your expert guide, you will also reach the charming Piazza Santo Spirito, with its typical family restaurants, small shops and artists’ studios: a suggestive sight of Florence where time seems to stand still. Here you will be able to visit the amazing namesake church designed by Brunelleschi, which was the last masterpiece of the great Artist. You will have the opportunity to discover the wonderful Santo Spirito Monumental complex: cloister, refectory, chapter house and sacristy, where to admire the only existing wooden sculpture of Michelangelo: a crucifix that he carved at the age of only 17.
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Professional local guide
- Three artisan workshops
- Santo Spirito Complex entrance fee
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Meals and beverage
- Reduced price: 7-12 years old
- Free: 0-6 years old
Piazza de' Pitti, 24, 50125 Florence
In front of the newspapers stand (a Caf Tour assistant will be waiting for you with a yellow sign)
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered
- Small group activity: max 10 people admitted
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes; appropriate clothing is recommended to visit places of worship
- The local guide service could be provided in two languages
Monday, Friday and Saturday at 3.00pm
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...