Tour of Florence along the path of the Medici residences and the Vasari Corridor with Pitti Palace
- Discover the history of the family who put its power at the service of patronage and art
- Admire the palaces and monuments where the members of the Medici family lived
- See the Palazzo Pitti, Palazzo Vecchio, Palazzo Medici Riccardi and the Medici Chapels
- Follow the entire path of the Vasari Corridor from the outside
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile, crossing through the UNESCO World Heritage area: a mile with the highest concentration in the world of wonderful monuments and open-air works of art! Led by a professional local guide, you'll discover the most important sights of the city, retracing the fascinating history of the Medici dynasty who put its power and wealth at the service of the patronage and art, setting the foundations of Renaissance.
You'll learn stories and anecdotes of intrigues, power struggles, secrets and betrayals, but also tales of incredible foresight, which made it possible to leave the city a priceless artistic and cultural heritage site. You'll be able to admire the palaces, monuments, streets and squares where the members of the Medici family lived and used their political and economic power over the city. You'll walk along the same narrow streets where they walked, touch the stones used to build their residences and see the same monuments they used to see every day: Palazzo Medici Riccardi, their first residence in San Lorenzo district, where you can find as well their church and mausoleum, the Medici Chapels.
A few steps away, you will reach their second residence, the magnificent Cathedral with its imposing Brunelleschi’s Dome and the stunning Palazzo Vecchio, which dominates the marvelous Piazza della Signoria. Further on, you'll follow the outside path of the Vasari Corridor, the spectacular elevated passageway which connects the two banks of the river Arno. You'll pass along the enchanting Ponte Vecchio, crossing houses and the Santa Felicita Church: a secret and comfortable corridor used by the Medici Grand Dukes of Tuscany to move between their third residence, the Palazzo Pitti, to their offices located inside the Palazzo Vecchio, without being seen by the citizens.
The majestic Pitti Palace, which hides the marvelous Boboli Gardens, is the last Florentine residence of the Medici and the last stage of your incredible journey into the art and history of a city unique in the world!
- Caf Tour’s staff assistance at the meeting point
- 2 hours of guided visit
- Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants
- Meals or beverage
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Museums or monuments admissions
- Children 0-6 years old: free of charge
- Children 7-12 years old: reduced fee
Piazza San Lorenzo, 50123 Florence
At the statue located in the middle of the square.
- From April 2018 to October 2018 - English (min 2 pax)
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages
- From April to October: every day at 9.30am
- From November to March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 9.30am
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departure
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...