Venice from Florence by high-speed train with St. Mark's Basilica
- Explore St. Mark's Basilica, the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge
- Indulge in a private water taxi cruise for a transfer from the train station to Rialto
- Skip the line to St. Mark's Basilica with access to its terraces overlooking St. Mark's Square
If you are based in Florence for your holiday but don’t want to miss out on the true taste of Venice, this is the ideal tour for you!
On arrival at the station, a City Wonders representative will escort you to a private water taxi for a panoramic cruise from the train station to Rialto.
You’ll then start your discovery of Venice with 2-hour guided tour on foot as you weave your way around the twisting back streets, cobbled courtyards and small arched bridges. You’ll stroll across the church and palace-lined piazzas of Campo SS Giovanni e Paolo and Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where Byzantine, Renaissance, and modern elements fuse together their timeless portraits of the city, and also glimpse the fabled Bridge of Sighs. You’ll walk by Marco Polo’s house and hear about how the Venetian merchant set off to sea one day and returned with tales of faraway eastern lands that in those days few had ever seen.
After marveling at the elegance of St. Mark’s Square, you’ll head straight into St. Mark’s Basilica. Together with your guide, you’ll uncover the diverse treasures inside the basilica, including the dazzling gold-laden mosaics that adorn its domed interior and ceilings. You’ll also manage to squeeze in a climb up to the famous terraces of St. Mark’s. Rarely included on guided tours, these terraces offer beautiful views over the piazza and the rooftops beyond.
You'll then have about 3 hours to enjoy Venice independently. Your guide will offer local advice on the best restaurants you can try for lunch.
After your free time, you will be free to either take a vaporetto to come back to the train station (tickets are included) or just walk. Then, we board our speed train for our return to Florence.
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark's Basilica
- Water Taxi experience on Grand Canal
- High-speed train return ticket
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza dell'Unità, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Piazza dell'Unità Italiana is in front of the Hotel Baglioni near Santa Maria Novella Train Station. The meeting point is in front of the Obelisk, right in the middle of the square
- The service concludes in Florence S.M.Novella train station.
- Please note that kids between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat in the train.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. St. Mark’s Basilica specifically prohibits large bags, umbrellas, and tripods. These items must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site, so you may miss a portion of the tour to do so.
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Saturday, Monday, Thursday
- Meeting Time: 07:50am
- Departure Time: 08:05am
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...