Chamonix Mont Blanc guided day trip with mountain train
- Experience a fantastic day trip from Geneva to Chamonix
- Go on a picturesque mountain train ride to 'La Mer de Glace'
- Enjoy spectacular views on the largest glacier of France
- Receive relevant background information from your guide
This guided day trip combines two unique experiences in one: Visit the lovely Alpine village Chamonix at the foot of majestic Mont Blanc and enjoy a picturesque ride with a red mountain train to 'La Mer de Glace', the largest glacier of France.
The bus roundtrip starts from Geneva in the morning. Cross the Switzerland-France border with an informative guide, drive through the Arve Valley and marvel at the majesty of the European Alps during the 90 minutes' ride. Upon arrival, discover one of the most famous mountain villages in the world. Wherever you look up in Chamonix, you will see the roof of Europe: 4810m (15781 ft) high Mont Blanc. Breathe in fresh mountain air and stroll through charming little streets. Chamonix hosted the first Winter Olympics in 1924 and has become a capital of alpinism, freeride skiing and ice climbing ever since.
Afterwards, enjoy a train ride through the mountain landscape to Montenvers and see the largest glacier of France. A panoramic terrace will give you great views on the 'La Mer de Glace' (Ice Sea) glacier that is surrounded by the impressive summits of Les Drus, Les Grandes Jorasses and Les Grands Charmoz. You will have enough free time to enjoy the site on your own pace, while the guide will be waiting at the station. Visit the crystal gallery or the Glaciorium, a new space entirely dedicated to the glaciers and their birth, present and future. If the seasons allows it, you can also visit an ice cave.
- Bus roundtrip
- Mountain train ticket
- Cable car ticket
- Food and drinks
- Infants (0-3 years old)
- Children (4-12 years old)
Geneva bus station, Place Dorcière 5, 1201 Geneva
Next to the Keytours sign
- Important information: You must bring a current valid passport, as you will cross the Franco-Swiss border. Visa whenever applicable
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time at the meeting point
- It is not allowed to take a child under 3 years old in the cable car
- It can happen that the mountain train or cable car may not work due to weather or technical issues
- Daily at 8.30am
- No tour: 25 December, 1 January
Your city tour of Geneva brings you to the city's international quarter where you will see the headq...
Annecy, known as 'The Venice of the Alps', offers visitors harmonious and romantic landscapes. Visit...
This ticket combines two unique experiences in one: Visit lovely Chamonix at the foot of majestic Mo...
Take the opportunity to discover two cities in one day: Board for a ride through the Arve valley and...
This ticket combines three unique experiences in one: Visit lovely Chamonix at the foot of majestic ...
On this interactive discovery experience across Geneva’s Old Town, you will solve riddles via a web ...