Visit to the Cuevas del Sacromonte Museum
- Discover the cultural and patrimonial heritage of Sacromonte
- Experience life in Sacromonte by visiting the caves (the troglodyte habitat)
- Explore this beautiful, natural enclave just in front of the Alhambra
Welcome to the Sacromonte Ethnographic and Environmental Museum. Through its exhibitions we intend to show you the patrimonial, cultural and environmental heritage of this unique location.
In the Center, you will find an ethnographic museum in which the living conditions and traditional occupations of its inhabitants (basket making, metal working, pottery, weaving) are recreated. Troglodyte culture and life in the caves is further explored in the exhibition halls. In the exhibition titled 'Flamenco en el Sacromonte' you can discover the history of flamenco from its origins to today.
Moreover, along the environmental trail that goes through the Center's gardens, we explain the different components of the local milieu: geology, botany, ecology and landscape.
The visit lasts about an hour, but it is possible, of course, to stay and explore the place for as long as you wish.
- Entrance to museum
- Panoramic views of the Darro Valley and the Alhambra
- Guided visit
Museo Cuevas del Sacromonte
Calle Barranco de los Negros, 31, 18010 Granada, Spain
- There are occasionally activities that take place outside of the normal opening hours of the Center
- Summer activities including open air film screenings and musical shows: evenings in July and August - for more information, please call 958215120
Every day with opening hours:
- 15 March - 14 October: 10.00am - 8.00pm
- 15 October - 14 March: 10.00am - 6.00pm
Closed on 25 December and 1 January
Due to the long rule of the Moors Granada has maintained a strong tie with Middle Eastern culture. D...
Venta El Gallo is located in the Sacromonte caves, cradle of flamenco art. Declared intangible cultu...
This excursion not only includes interesting cultural elements, but is also recommended for those in...
Discover the Alhambra and the Generalife Gardens, part of the World Heritage declared by UNESCO. Acc...
Este recorrido te ofrece la oportunidad de pasear durante la noche por los barrios históricos de Gra...
Con este tour prepárate a descubrir un Albaicin sin masas turísticas, a través de calles, espacios y...