Visit to the Gypsea art workshop and Bargello Fountain ritual
- Take part in the Bargello Fountain ritual and become an 'honorary madman of Gubbio'
- Discover the art of plaster and stucco and listen to anecdotes linking the Gypsea art workshop to the medieval town of Gubbio
Take part in a truly unique experience together with the owner of the Gypsea art shop. The workshop is situated in Largo del Bargello; one of the most beautiful and mysterious places in Gubbio because it is here that the famous Fontana dei Matti (Fountain of the Madmen) can be found. You will be able to discover the beauty of the art of plaster and stucco and you’ll be able to listen to many anecdotes connecting the workshop to this fascinating part of Italy that houses it.
According to tradition, if a playful ritual is performed at the fountain, you can become an honorary madman of the city - just like all the inhabitants of Gubbio (the Eugibini) who are born with this status. If this tradition leaves you intrigued, come and find out more!
- Visit to the Gypsea art workshop
- Participation in the traditional ritual of Gubbio
- Your own 'madman's license' on parchment paper
Largo Bargello, 2A, 06024 Gubbio PG, Italy
The Gypsea art workshop.
- After the ritual, you will have earned your very own 'mad license', which you will receive handwritten on special parchment paper. This certifies your newfound madness and citizenship of Gubbio
- Along with your 'mad license', you will receive a small precious Renaissance cornucopia made of plaster - a symbol of luck, prosperity and abundance - in memory of this unforgettable experience and beautiful place that will make you both crazy and lucky!
- This experience requires a minimum of two participants
- From Wednesday to Monday
- Every half hour from 10.30am to 12.30am and from 4.00pm to 7.00pm
With TuristiCard Gubbio is a tourist pass that offers you an English audioguide to help you visit th...
Take part in this miniature painting workshop and use your initial to create a piece of art in minia...
Together with Francesco - expert truffle hunter for 30 years - and his faithful dogs Luna and Pitù, ...
Take part in a calligraphy and miniature painting workshop and learn to transcribe and decorate the ...
Take part in this plaster workshop and take home a piece of Umbrian summer: a plaster sunflower. In ...
Take part in a 3-day intensive workshop learning about leather processing and create three objects o...