- A comprehensive tour of the Hampi monuments, with the help of an expert guide
- Visit places like the Virupaksha Temple, Lotus Mahal, Elephant Stables, Watch Tower, Vijaya Vittala Temple among others
- Explore the less visited spots and get to see panoramic views of Hampi
Hampi is one of the few larger than life ancient cities of India. Declared a UNESCO heritage site in 1986, Hampi has since unearthed several structures like the Royal Enclosure and temples previously buried under rubble. Known for its rich Vijayanagara architecture and synergy with the Ramayana, Hampi has an old world charm possessed by few other cities.
In this tour, you will get to listen to the enchanting tales that surround the monuments and landscapes of Hampi, and get an insightful look into its history from an experienced local tour guide. It begins at the Virupaksha temple and includes an exploration of the many iconic temples like the Kadalekalu temple, & the Hazara Ram Temple. You will also get to dive into the history of the Vijayanagara Empire through places like the Zenana Enclosure and the Royal Enclosure and typically end the tour at the Vijaya Vittala temple complex.
- Walking tour with expert guide
- Entry tickets
- Food and refreshments along the way are not included in the tour price
- Transportation between the monuments is not included
- An additional charge of Rs.1000 will be levied for a non-English speaking guide
Sri Virupaksha Temple, Karnataka 583239, India
- Carry sunscreen, hat and sun glasses since you'll be exposed to a lot of sun during the tours
- Carry a water bottle and snack bars - regularly hydrate on coconut water/sugarcane juice
- Wear comfortable shoes and carry a sanitizer
- Every day at 9.00am
Spend a meaningful two hours visiting the project areas of Thrive Seed India to learn more about the...
Banni Khera Farm is a community development program that provides jobs to local artisans and village...
Explore the remnants of the Chalukya Dynasty in Badami, Pattadakal, and Aihole to marvel at the temp...
View Hampi through a cyclist's eye, and pedal through the ruins of a great era gone by. This activit...
Spend the night in Hampi watching the stars. This relaxing yet exhilarating 12 hour activity begins ...
What's better than empowering local women while learning about their country? On this Women and Girl...