The Isle of Skye & Eilean Donan castle tour
- Explore the breathtaking Isle of Skye
- Take in the stunning mountain scenery of the Cuillin Hills
- Walk around the colourful harbour-side town of Portree
- Visit the iconic 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle
- Marvel at the beauty of the world-famous Loch Ness
- Travel aboard a luxury mini-coach
Your journey will start as you leave Inverness over the Kessock Bridge, allowing you to experience stunning views over the Moray Firth. The first stop will be at Strathcarron hamlet, situated at the head of the sea loch, Loch Carron, between the rivers of Carron and Taodail.
Next, you will cross over to the little island of Eilean Ban, where Gavin Maxwell the author of the "Ring of Bright Water" lived for many years, before crossing over the bridge to Skye. Your tour of this magical island will allow you to take in stunning views onto the Cuillin Hills and the Sligachan Bridge. Upon arrival to Portree, the capital of Skye, you will have free time at your disposal for lunch. You can enjoy a traditional fish and chips in the colorful harbor – just watch out for the seagulls!
Eilean Donan Castle is one of Scotland's most picturesque castles and is perched on its own island at the head of Loch Duich. You will have enough time here to tour the castle and its surroundings at your own pace.
Your day will end with a bit of monster spotting as you drive along the shore of Loch Ness. You'll then stop close to the loch at the little village of Invermoriston, where you can take in the views and see a delightful ruined bridge which was designed by Thomas Telford, the same engineer who created the Caledonian Canal.
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Entrance fee to Eilean Donan Castle
- Children aged 3-15 years
- Adults over 60 years
- Students (with ID)
Inverness Bus Station
Inverness IV1 1LT
- Entrance to Eilean Donan Castle can be purchased on site. Please check the official website for opening hours.
- Adult (16 - 59 yrs): £7.50
- Concession (60 yrs+): £6.50
- Children (5-15 yrs): £4.00
- Children under 5 years old: free
- Family (2 Adults + 3 Children Age 5-15): £20.00
- As you will travel in mini-coaches, luggage space is limited. You can bring one cabin sized piece of luggage, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, which cannot exceed 15kg, to be stored in the boot of the bus and one small handbag or rucksack to have on the bus with you
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 3
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday year round
- Daily from 7th May to 30th September
- Departs from meeting point at 09.15am (check in 09.00am)
- Return to meeting point around 07.15pm
Your trip to the beautiful Applecross Peninsula starts with a drive across the scenic Black Isle. Yo...
The tour will depart from Inverness, and you will make our way to the little village of Drumnadrochi...
As you leave Inverness, you will journey north and head across the beautiful Black Isle to the Croma...
See London through the eyes of Britain’s most famous monarchs. This choice of three different passes...
Cruise through the streets London's West End on this guided bicycle tour. You'll start off following...
No other London tour offers a journey into the Churchill War Museum along with a guided tour of the ...
Looking for something to keep the kids engaged and active in London? Book them in on an adventure to...
After leaving Glasgow, this Loch Ness tour will climb north past Loch Lomond and into the Highlands ...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Set in a quintessentially stately home environment with views overlooking Hyde Park, The Park Room a...