Tour of the Applecross peninsula & the Highlands
- Admire the wonderful coastal scenery of the Applecross Peninsula
- Visit Beinn Eighe, Britain’s first National Nature Reserve
- Explore Torridon, one of the wildest corners of Britain
Your trip to the beautiful Applecross Peninsula starts with a drive across the scenic Black Isle. Your first stop will be the lovely village of Lochcarron, which sits beside Loch Carron - undoubtedly one of the gems of the North Western Highlands of Scotland. You’ll then travel to Ardarroch to enjoy the stunning views over Loch Kishorn and onto the mountains on its opposite shore. Your journey continues with a dramatic climb over the Bealach nam Ba (the Pass of the Cattle, in Gaelic). The Pass is the third highest road in Britain and climbs to over 2,000 feet! You’ll stop at the summit for breathtaking views across to Raasay and the Isle of Skye, before commencing the descent to Applecross Village.
Applecross is a beautiful village situated on a sweeping bay. Here, you will have some time at your disposal to enjoy the spectacular seascape, and find out more about the checkered history of the Highlands at the local heritage centre. Applecross is a spectacle of wildlife, so nature lovers can look out for red deer, pine martens (one of the rarest of British mammals) and otters. From here, you will make your way along the banks of Loch Torridon and head to Shieldaig where you will make a short stop before travelling through the Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve. This is Britain’s first National Nature Reserve and is home to ancient pine woods and soaring golden eagles. You’ll then travel onwards to Kinlochewe and Achnash.
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Food and beverages
- Children aged 3-15 years
- Adults over 60 years
- Students (with ID)
Inverness Bus Station
Inverness IV1 1LT
- As you will travel in mini-coaches, luggage space is limited. You can bring one cabin sized piece of luggage, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, which cannot exceed 15kg, to be stored in the boot of the bus and one small handbag or rucksack to have on the bus with you
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 3
- Every Monday (subject to minimum participation)
- Departs from meeting point at 09.15am (check in 09.00am)
- Return to meeting point around 06.00pm
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
Your journey will start as you leave Inverness over the Kessock Bridge, allowing you to experience s...
As you leave Inverness, you will journey north and head across the beautiful Black Isle to the Croma...
The tour will depart from Inverness, and you will make our way to the little village of Drumnadrochi...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
This guided small group tour from Oxford covers many of the main spots in the Cotswolds, while combi...