Istanbul food tour across two continents
- Eat like a local and sample delicious Turkish street cuisine
- Learn about Istanbul’s unique food culture
- See how Turkish delight is made
- Change continents with a ferry ride across the Bosphorus to Asia
Start your tour in front of the impressive Spice Bazaar where you will wander the perimeter with your guide and taste pastirma (Turkish dried beef), local cheeses and Turkish delight from the shops of the long-established sweet makers. As you go through the markets, your local guide will buy food for you to sample and treats to take on the journey to Asia. Depending on the season, you may be sampling several different local foods, including fresh nuts, pastirma, halva, olives, traditional Turkish cheeses, and simit.
After leaving the market, take the ferry to Üsküdar and enjoy a stroll along the waterfront, stopping at a local tea spot for a view of the Maiden’s Tower and the Bosphorus. Enjoy tea and a Turkish delight and learn about popular foods and traditions in Turkey. Afterwards, return by metro to the port of Eminönü with your guide, who will offer recommendations for the evening or assist you with getting back to your hotel.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Street stall food
- Ferry to Üsküdar
- Traditional yoghurt drink or tea
- Extra drinks or food
- Shopping along the way
- Tips and gratuities for your local guide
- Сhildren 5 years of age and under: free
- Children 6 to 11 years of age: reduced
Entrance to Spice Bazaar
(Main entrance facing the port area marked ‘Fish Market Gate’ in Turkish ‘Balik Pazari Kapisi’)
- Please be aware that the standard of dress through out Turkey is conservative. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for both women and men.
- Following recent safety incidents, we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on traveling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page.
Monday - Saturday at 2.00pm
Descubra Istambul e suas fascinantes relíquias otomanas com esta turnê de meio dia à tarde. A turnê ...
Experimente a vida turca com uma refeição familiar e uma noite misturando-se com os locais em alguns...
Aproveite ao máximo de Istambul na companhia de um guia local especializado. À medida que você visit...
Cruzeiro em um barco privado para ver o Bósforo, uma das mais belas paisagens do mundo e explorar o ...
Maravilhe-se com a arquitetura majestosa da Hagia Sophia enquanto você é guiado por seus belos inter...
Um divertido show de dança cultural artística que combina danças turcas tradicionais com danças do b...