In Mandela's Footsteps tour
- Visit Mandel's House in Soweto, declared a National Heritage Site
- Includes all entrance tickets so that you can book everything together
- Bring the whole family - everyone will love it
- Perfect for the whole family to experience - the more the merrier
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
Discover Mandela's Journey and experiences as an anti-Apartheid militant up to his 27-year prison sentence. Trace back the incredible history of the man who became the first democratically-elected South African president. A truly moving experience!
1) Constitution Hill
Constitution Hill functioned as a prison during apartheid era. It is known for its harsh treatment of prisoners. Criminals and political activists like Mahatma Gandhi in 1906 were held at the prison.
2) Mandela House (Soweto)
Mandela House is the house where Nelson Mandela lived until he was forced underground in 1961. It is located on the corner of Vilakazi and Ngakane Street. He moved there in 1946. In 1999 it was declared a National Heritage Site.
3) Mandela Yard (Alexandra)
When Nelson Mandela first came to Johannesburg in 1940 he rented a single room in the Mandela Yard area. In a “Long Walk to Freedom” he described the residence as “no more than a shack, with a dirt floor, no heat, no electricity, no running water. But it was a place of my own and I was happy to have it.”
4) Lilieslief Farm
The Farm was secretly used by African National Congress activists in the 1960s. It provided a secure location where the underground leadership could meet. Nelson Mandela secretly lived and operated at the Farm under the name of David Motsamayi.
5) Chancellor House
The Chancellor House is a building that once housed the law firm of Nelson Mandela and Oliver Tambo. Between 1952 and 1956, Mandela and Tambo had a thriving law practice, trying to help others who were accused of crimes against the state and disobeying the draconian laws of the time. Nowadays it is a national heritage site.
- Registered tour guide
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fee to the museum: Mandela Yard, Chancellor House, Constitution Hill, Mandela House (Soweto) and Lillesfleaf Farm
- Optional visits
- Infant (0-1): free of charge
Johannesburg, South Africa
Departure from your hotel or guesthouse in the Johannesburg area. At the time of booking you will be asked to provide your pickup location.
- Important: Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply.
- You can cancel until 24 hours before your tours.
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all time
- Departure: between 08:00am – 09:00am
- Return: 05:00pm
Come and discover the awe-inspiring beauty and serenity of the Pilanesberg National Park. You will e...
You get a pick-up from your hotel to start this interesting and exciting this Pretoria, Johannesburg...
The cradle of human kind is one of the eighth south African Heritage ,is the worlds richest hominin ...
Home to the Rainbow Nation, this fast-paced city combines the best of the new South Africa with the ...
Spend the morning exploring Johannesburg and taking in the highlights, including, the Westcliffe vie...
If you want to see as much of Johannesburg as possible in one go, then hop on the red open-top buses...