Starting with a pick-up from your hotel, you will visit The South African National War Museum in Johannesburg. It was built on 29 August 1947 after the end of the Second World War by Prime Minister Jan Smuts. In the museum, you will see various vehicles, weapons, and other artefacts from the Anglo-Boer Wars, the Anglo-Zulu War, World War I and II. There, you can also visit the library with various books, journals and archival material, which is perfect for history buffs. To end the tour, you will be dropped off back at your hotel in Johannesburg.
Attractions & guided tours
South African National Museum of Military History with transfers from Johannesburg
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Tour with Audioguide
Do this because
- See various vehicles, weapons, and other artefacts during the war times
- Learn from the museum's various exhibits
- Perfect for history buffs
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fee to sites
- Infants (age 0-1): free of admission
Pick-up from your hotels in Johannesburg. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.