Maboneng, which means the place of light, is a community of Johannesburg urban artists. Enjoy a leisurely walk through a mix of art galleries, retail, and studio spaces, passing by Mandela House. You will also pass by Mary Fitzgerald square, an area that draws the local-art-going crowd where there are arts and crafts shops to purchase souvenirs and enjoy local artisan food and produce.
Walking tour of Maboneng with arts and crafts markets
Availability: Sundays at 9.00am
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 5 hours
Safety measures applied
Smaller Group Size
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Learn about traditional and local arts and crafts
- Enjoy a leisurely walk through a mix of art galleries, retail, and studio spaces, passing by Mandela House
- Purchase souvenirs and enjoy local artisan food and produce
- Take a stroll through the streets and become part of the city
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip transportation
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Child (2-11 years)
Pick-up from your hotels in Johannesburg. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please contact the local operator 48 hours before departure to confirm your pick-up location and time
- Children up to the age of 3 years are required to sit in a car seat which is subject to availability at the time of booking, but parents are welcome to bring their own car seats
- No kids under 2 years allowed in this tour
- Sundays at 9.00am
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.