Your tour starts with a 2.5-hour drive from Kathmandu to go to the cable car station located on the banks of Trishuli River. The 10-minute cable car ride will take you up the top of the prominent ridge where Manakamana, one of the holiest and most revered of temples. Hindus believe that a wish made here in front of the Goddess will be most definitely granted by her. For the non-religious, you can enjoy the view from the temple that is even more unique in the winter when the ridge appears as an island above the sea of morning mist. You can also enjoy breathtaking views of the deep river valleys, Trishuli to the south, and Marshyangdi to the west, terrace fields, and the snow range of Manaslu, Himalchuli, and the Annapurna Himalayas.
Visit Manakamana Temple with cable car trip from Kathmandu
- Go on a cable car ride up to the Manakamana Temple
- See breathtaking views of the deep river valleys, Trishuli to the south, and Marshyangdi to the west
- Enjoy the view of the snow range of Manaslu, Himalchuli, and the Annapurna Himalayas
- Cable Car ride
- Guided tour
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Children (age 2-7): free admission
Pick-up from your hotel in Khatmandu. The pick-up is only from city hotels (within 10km) and if guests wish to be picked up in the outskirts there will be a supplement to be paid on site.
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- You cannot visit the rear side of the temple as there are offerings for the gods
- There could be additional waiting time possible for devotees to offer their prayers on all Saturdays as well as the month of July to October
- The cable car services remain suspended from 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with our local partner at least 48 hours prior. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick-up at 7.30am
- Return at 4.00pm