Bear viewing adventure in Lake Clark National Park
- Cross Alaskan bear viewing off of your bucket-list
- Get a taste of the amazing scenery and views from the air and land with professional pilots and guides
- See diverse wildlife in their native environment
A customized, small group tour led by experienced naturalist guides to the best Alaska bear viewing and photography observation areas. After an exhilarating flightseeing tour from Kenai you’ll touch down in Lake Clark National Park and be led by your guide to a premier location to observe bears in their natural environment.
Adventures in the backcountry are our bread and butter and we visit a few bear viewing areas that are “off the beaten path” from the more common visitor areas. It’s all up to the bears and the time of season, but we like to take our guests to areas that aren’t crowded and require waiting in line just to stand on a man-made platform in the backcountry. Something about watching bears from a wooden deck feels a bit like zootopia… Maybe it’s just that we’re so used to seeing bears in their natural habitat all over the backcountry of Alaska during our expeditions that a wooden platform seems out of place. Join us and we’ll show you something special.
Your trip begins in Kenai where we’ll begin with a safety briefing and put on the provided hip waders. You’ll board a bush plane and take to the skies on an 45 minute flight over mountains, glaciers, volcanoes, Cook Inlet, and wildlife. Land on the coast of Lake Clark National Park. Walk up to 3 miles or more from the beach through grassy meadows to a quiet place to observe bears in their natural environment.
After about four hours with the bears, it’s time to board the plane for the return flight to Kenai. Once again you’ll get 45 minutes of the best flightseeing Alaska has to offer. The entire trip takes about 6 hours.
- Children 7-12
The meeting time/location can vary depending on time of the season and the physical abilities of the clients. Please contact Kenai Backcountry Adventures prior to your trip at +1 907-331-4912 to coordinate with your guide.
- A moderate amount of walking on possibly soft, slippery, or uneven terrain is involved with distances up to 5 miles. The pace is slow and not rushed
- Minimum age is 7 years old. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring a waterproof rain jacket with hood, rain pants (recommended), waterproof hiking shoes (recommended), clothes for dressing in layers, and dress for current weather conditions. You may also bring a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle and any personal items
- Meals are not provided. Meat products are discouraged and fish products are prohibited
- Please bring a printed copy of your voucher
- Tours begin daily at 7am, 8am, or 9am
- Tour start time and duration may vary due to weather and tides
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time to check-in
See the best parts of Manhattan on this 6-hour tour on a Double-decker bus. You’ll be taken all over...
Trying to get the best value for your time and money in San Francisco? This package lets you to see ...
Enjoy a three-course dinner with perfectly paired cocktails on an exclusive VIP tour of the Las Vega...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...
Your tour will start with a luxury limousine transfer from your Las Vegas hotel to the Grand Canyon ...
Surprise a loved one with a romantic private balloon flight for two or share the experience with a g...