Wilderness hiking in Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
- Expore the Alaskan wilderness
- See native animals in their natural habitat
- Surround yourself with lush landscape which is great for a photo op
Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. As you follow your guide through forested trails, learn about local history and the lush nature of the area, and savor pristine views of mountains, lakes, and the alpine tundra.
Accompanied by a guide, head to the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge located on the Kenai Peninsula, the beautiful preserve spans an impressive 1.92 million acres (7,770 square km) of diverse terrain. Your guide takes you out on a trail tailored to your group’s difficulty preferences that showcases the gorgeous nature of the wildlife refuge. You can get the chance to skirt above the tree line for breathtaking views of the Kenai Mountains, pristine lakes, and the emerald forests of the refuge.
As you hike, learn about the local history and wildlife of the area. The refuge protects a number of large animals, including brown and black bears, Alaskan moose, lynx, and caribou. During a stop for a satisfying picnic lunch surrounded by lush landscapes, you can ask your guide about the myriad bird species that inhabit the refuge, as well as the fish that make the place a popular fishing destination.
- Sack lunch (sandwiches, options available), water and tea
- This tour is operated in bear country
- Please bring a waterproof rain jacket with hood, rain pants (recommended), waterproof hiking shoes (reccommended), clothes for dressing in layers, and dress for current weather conditions. You may also bring a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle and any personal items
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain
- Available to all ages. Infants under the age of 2 are free. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring a printed copy of your voucher
- Daily; May - September at 9.00am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time to check-in
See the best parts of Manhattan on this 6-hour tour on a Double-decker bus. You’ll be taken all over...
Enjoy hiking and boating through the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, hiking through the forest and t...
A customized, small group tour led by experienced naturalist guides to the best Alaska bear viewing ...
Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in one of our many superb hikin...
Enjoy a three-course dinner with perfectly paired cocktails on an exclusive VIP tour of the Las Vega...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...