Strategic Missile Forces Museum private day-trip from Kiev
- Visit the Strategic Missile Forces Museum, and uncover striking facts about the Cold War Period
- Explore an open-air exhibition of nuclear missiles of the Soviet period with an expert guide
- See a huge intercontinental ballistic missile SS-18 "Satan"
- Press the famous "red button" located in the underground command center
Travel to the Strategic Missile Forces Base near Pervomaysk that used to be a secret military object of the Soviet period and learn striking facts about the arms race of the Cold War period.
Start your private day trip to the Strategic Missile Forces Museum in the morning, once you meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel. The Missile Base is located 297 km from Kiev and the road takes approx. 3.5–4 hours. You will learn many interesting facts from your guide along the route.
When you arrive to the museum, you will examine an indoor exposition of the museum dedicated to nuclear forces of the Soviet Union. Then, you will visit an open-air exposition of military equipment on the grounds of the base. You will find out the facts about the multilevel protection system of the base that prevented any interference. Your guide will show you an inactive missile silo and 30-meter long SS-18 “Satan” missile that is the highlight of the whole exposition.
It addition, you have a unique opportunity to descent 11-floors down to the deep underground command center (optional) - a former working place of Soviet officers and a top-secret object. You can even press a famous «red button» and hear the sounds of the sirens. Over 50 years ago, it would have meant a launch of nuclear missile. Luckily, none of the missiles was ever launched that saved our planet from terrible consequences.
After a 2-hour tour in the museum, you will travel back to Kiev. There will be some stops at the gas station, where you may have coffee or snacks. When you arrive in Kiev, your driver will drop you off at your hotel.
- Professional guide service
- Transportation services along the route by private vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance tickets to Strategic Missile Forces Museum
- Entrance tickets to underground command center
- Lunch (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
You will be picked up from your hotel. Please provide your hotel details during the booking process.
- The tour is available in English, German and Russian
- Tour is a private group tour, available for groups of 1-3 people
- Tour runs daily at 8.00am
- Please, contact the local service provider before travel to verify the pick-up time
Discover the most interesting attractions of the central part of Kiev on the 3-hour private walking ...
Travel to the incredible Tunnel of Love in Klevan’ and admire this beautiful and romantic place. Don...
On this fascinating private workshop you will learn the technique of making the traditional Ukrainia...
Visit one of the most remarkable and popular museums of Kiev, the National Museum of the Ukrainian H...
Discover the most interesting and significant facts about the history of the Jewish community in Kie...
Explore the residence of the ex-president of Ukraine Victor Yanukovych in Mezhyhirya, which is one o...