Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum Tour from Krakow
- Visit the largest of the former Nazi concentration camps
- Explore one of the most horrifying places in the world
- Learn about the Holocaust from a knowledgeable guide
- Avoid the waiting lines with skip-the-line entrance
- The tours are in English, Italian, Spanish, French and German
Auschwitz Birkenau is the site of the gravest mass murder in the history of humanity. It remains a memorial that can serve everyone as a mirror of the human soul and a prism for looking deep within ourselves.
Auschwitz-Birkenau (1941 - 1945) was the largest of Nazi Germany's concentration camps. Located in German-occupied southern Poland, it took its name from the nearby town of Oswiecim, situated within the range of about 60 kilometers from Kraków, and 280 kilometers from Warsaw. The complex consisted of three main camps: Auschwitz I - the administrative centre, Auschwitz II (Birkenau) – an extermination camp, and Auschwitz III (Monowitz) – a work camp. In 1990, the figure of the people killed in the camp was placed at 1.1 million. About 90 percent of them were Jews from almost every European country. Most of the dead were killed in gas chambers using Zyklon B; other deaths were caused by systematic starvation, forced labor, lack of disease control, individual executions, and the so-called medical experiments. At the end of the war, the SS made great efforts to destroy what remained of the camp, burn the archives, and murder all the people they referred to as the „Bearers of Secrets”.
This Auschwitz-Birkenau tour gives you the opportunity to learn more about holocaust and see one of the most terrifying but also touching places in the World.
During the tour you will have a chance to visit the permanent exhibition and original buildings on the grounds of the Main Camp (Auschwitz) and visit the most important original objects at Birkenau. The whole tour lasts about 7-8 hours. You will spend around 2 hours in the first part of the camp and around 1 hour in the second part.
- Transportation from and to Krakow
- Museum guide
- English speaking tour coordinator
- Visit to the most important parts of Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II (Birkenau)
- All entry fees
- Short breaks (10-20 minutes)
- Food & drinks
- Lunch break
- Students (up to 26 years): with Valid Student ID
- Children (5-15 years)
- Infants (0-4 years)
Pick-up from your accomodation in Krakow city center
Pick up service is provided form most of the Hotels located in Krakow City Centre. Please provide full details of your accommodation in Krakow during the reservation process. Exact pick-up point and pick-up time will be confirmed in a separate confirmation message before the tour date (to the email provided upon booking)
- The supplier will get in touch with you regarding the exact pick-up time and place
- Only hand laggage of maximum 30cm x 20cm x 10cm is allowed at the Memorial
- Not allowed at the Memorial are: food and drinks, smoking, use of e-cigarettes, animals (except guide dogs) as well as baby pushchairs
- Please do remember that there is no lunch break during the tour. You are allowed to take photos within the Museum
- Also forbiden is the use of mobile phones inside the exhibition buildings and taking photos in the buildings with the use of flash units or tripods. Taking photos is entirely forbidden in Room 5 of Block 4, in the cellars of Block 11 as well as in the area of the security check of visitors and their hand luggage
- Visitors that show signs of intoxication can't be admitted and no refund is possible in that case
- The exact pick up / meeting point and time differ slightly and depend on the client's accommodation address in Krakow
- The tour takes place every day at 8.15am in English and at 9.45at in English, Italian, Spanish, French and German
- After your arrival back in Krakow you will be dropped off at your pick up point
Every year, millions of visitors from around the world walk through the gate bearing a fallacious in...
Explore one of the most important attractions in Poland - the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krako...
Visit one of the most precious and most fascinating monuments of culture in Poland. The first touris...
Forget for a time about your life here and now – enter Krakow as it was more than 70 years ago! Lear...
Forget for a time about your life here and now – enter Krakow as it was more than 70 years ago! Hear...
This tour is an opportunity to visit places connected with Jewish heritage. It makes you explore the...
Book this half-day Wieliczka Salt Mine excursion. A professional, english-speaking driver will pick ...
Explore Wieliczka Salt Mine with a 4.5-hour guided tour from Krakow. See one of the oldest salt mine...
Are you ready to see a different, more mysterious and darker side of Krakow? Discover the dark secre...
Visit one of the largest underground mining museums, where "white gold" was extracted. Wieliczka Sal...