Wieliczka Salt Mine skip-the-line ticket and guided tour
- Gain skip the line entrance to the UNESCO listed Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Meet a coordinator in front of the Salt Mine and join a guided underground tour
- Be fascinated by breathtaking underground galleries, chambers and lakes
Visit one of the largest underground mining museums, where "white gold" was extracted. Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the most precious and fascinating Polish attractions.
Enter the salt city! This underground labyrinth stretches over 9 levels at 64 to 327 meters below the surface of the Earth. A labyrinth of nearly 2,400 chambers is connected with sidewalks for a total length of 245 km. It is an invaluable monument of material culture, inscribed in 1978 on the UNESCO Heritage List. The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established as early as at the turn of the 19th century. A couple of centuries later the salt mine was designated as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites (1978). The underground trail leads through numerous drifts, galleries and chambers, where traces of mining activity have been preserved, as well as examples of sacred art, theme compositions relating to the history of the mine and legends. Wieliczka is at the same time the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today. Moreover, the microclimate of the mine has a beneficial impact on visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies. The tour starts with a descent down the stairs to the depth of 64 meters. Visitors are led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. The trip finishes at the level of 135 meters below the surface. Visitors return to the surface by lift.
- Entrances fees
- Guided tour (it's not possible to enter the salt mine without a guided tour)
- Food and drinks
- Fee for photography (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry is free for children under 5 years of age, although it is necessary to provide this information when making a reservation
Discover Cracow Tourist Information, 7 Edwarda Dembowskiego Street, Wieliczka
Please wait at the small white entrance building and make sure to be there 15 minutes before the booked starting time. Your voucher cannot be redeemed at Salt Mine ticket office - please present the voucher to Discover Cracow coordinator
- The temperature in the mine is constant (about 14 degrees), and therefore it is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer
- There are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- The price does not include fees for photography and filming
1st Apr - 31st Oct - 9:00, 11:30, 17:00
2nd Nov - 31st Mar - 10:00, 16:00
1st Apr - 31st Oct - 11:30
2nd Nov - 31st Mar - 10:00
1st Apr - 31st Oct - 17:00
2nd Nov - 31st Mar - 16:00
1st Apr - 31st Oct - 9:00
1st Apr - 31st Oct - 9:00
This is the perfect tour for first-timers in Krakow! It is essential and includes all the most impor...
Forget for a time about your life here and now – enter Krakow as it was more than 70 years ago! Hear...
Start with transportation from Krakow to the park in a comfortable and air-conditioned car. Once ins...
Explore one of the most important attractions in Poland - the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krako...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3–hour tasting tour in Krakow, and visit 4 ...
During the tour through the Mine - one of the oldest salt mines in Europe - you will see underground...