On this tour, you'll discover the food scene in this beautiful part of Italy, La Spezia, enjoying traditional dishes and the best street food specialties.
La Spezia is a small town and the best place to stay while visiting the amazing Cinque Terre. Surrounded by other beautiful places like Porto Venere and Pisa, La Spezia has inherited a mixed culinary tradition combining the foods of Liguria and Tuscany.
This dining experience incorporates five different eateries with foods ranging between traditional and street food styles. The walking tour will start with an entrée and ending with a typical Italian dessert or a delicious ice cream. You will taste some of the following foods on this tour (according to products availability):
- Sgabei and Frisceu: Small fried pancakes with vegetables and fritters made from bread dough.
- Mesciua: A local soup made from chickpeas, beans and wheat grains
- Testaroli or Panigacci: A sort of pancake, boiled and enriched with pesto, oil, parmesan cheese and mushroom sauce, baked and served with cheese and cured meat.
- Fried Calamari and Anchovies: Locally caught fresh fish, cooked directly by the fishermen.
- Farinata: A delicious chickpea pancake cooked in a flaming oven.
- Ice cream or dessert: Enjoy the finest artisanal treats in La Spezia!