Private walking tour of Lecce with a local guide
- Spot the signs of Lecce's distinctive architecture, the so-called "barocco leccese" (Lecce baroque)
- Get to see the beautiful Piazza Duomo, the Church of Sant'Irene, Piazza Sant'Oronzo with the Roman Amphitheatre and much more!
- Enjoy a lively but relaxed university town with cool upmarket boutiques, delicious Puglian restaurants and a strong tradition for papier-mâché making
From the Messapic and Roman era to the great period of the Lecce Baroque, a walk through the historic center of Lecce will take you to discover the wonders that make the city one of the most beautiful cities in Southern Italy.
The itinerary of this private tour led by an expert guide begins at Porta Napoli and continues towards Piazza Duomo, the Baroque heart of Lecce. Then, you will pass by the Church of Sant'Irene and head towards Sant'Oronzo Square, where you can admire the remains of the Roman Amphitheater, the Church of San Marco and the famous "Sedile" (Seat).
Strolling through the streets of the historic center, you will then reach the Church of Santa Chiara and the Roman Theater, two other representative sites of the history of Lecce.
The itinerary ends with the Basilica of Santa Croce, jewel of the Baroque of Lecce, and the Convent of the Celestines.
- expert local guide
- food & drinks
Meet your guide at the crossing between Via Principe di Savoia and Via Palmieri
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee (although most of the sites there are free to enter!)
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- this private tour runs every day at 9.00am, 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm and 5.00pm
The tour starts having a panoramic view of the main attractions of the old town such the charming Sa...
The winery was founded in 1665 by a Spanish man: the count of Lemos. In 1925 the first wine was bott...
Otranto is the "Gateway to the East", the easternmost point of Italy, overlooking the strait that be...
Take a full day tour of Southern Italy to experience the region’s food, wine and landscape. You’ll v...
Discover a magic town in Puglia, a gem on the clear waters of the Adriatic sea, rich in architectura...
Starting from Lecce, the first part of your track is on the way out to the city. After a few kms we ...