Get ready to discover all the main attractions of the city, a selection of traditional Portuguese tapas and wonderful panoramic views. This tour will focus on the most authentic neighborhoods, the perfect places to find traditional taverns and amazing restaurants.
You will start in Alfama, the oldest district in Lisbon and Portugal's own musical genre – FADO – can be heard almost everywhere in this neighborhood.
Going up the hill until Graça you’ll find breathtaking panoramic views at the famous belvedere “Nossa Senhora do Monte”. After a moment to relax at the top of the viewpoint we’ll start going down the hill to salute Mouraria, Lisbon’s most multiethnic neighborhood. Here you may find all kind of restaurants because about a fifth of the population is from Asia, mainly from China, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.
Now, the most important detail of this tour, the tasting experiences! We’ll take you to Lisbon’s great Cafés and Taverns, important landmarks of this city where you’ll try some snacks and drinks.
Specialities you may taste:
- Custard Tarts: Lisbon’s ex-libris whose original recipe comes from the Jerónimos Monastery located in Belém area.
- Codfish Cakes: A symbol of the traditional Portuguese gastronomy that uses one of its most famous ingredients.
- “Bifana”: The greatest pork steak sandwiches.
- Ginja Liquor: The Portuguese sweet cherry liquor.
- Portuguese Green Wine: Unique Portuguese wine that originated in the historic Minho province in the far north of the country.
- Tinned Fish Degustation: One of the greatest Portuguese gastronomic tradition (sardines, mackerel or tuna).