Guided walking tour in Ljubljana - Bohemian Slovenia
- Listen to local street performers and student musicians, and explore modern collections by Slovenian artists
- Sample local beers while you learn about life in Ljubljana
- Explore the city’s Bohemian vibe with a visit to the quirkiest neighbourhood in town
- See how ancient Roman ruins and Soviet monuments have become part of the city’s modern-day architecture
- Stroll narrow medieval alleys and cross the border between Central Europe and the Balkans
This historic stroll will take you through the centre of Ljubljana, passing local shops and cafés, and for a walk on the ancient Roman wall. Visit important works by the respected architect Jože Plečnik, then get a peek into the national library and legendary open-air concert hall, Krizanke, with its dark secrets.
The tour starts at one of the biggest and most impressive city squares, where you will learn a few facts about the most important buildings and social realist monuments that shaped the Slovenia of today.
As we enjoy the vibe of the bustling local art scene and tiny medieval streets, we will literally pass the border between central Europe and the Balkans, to reach the academy of music where we can take in its rich history and fine tunes.
After you’ll explore the Baroque part of town, full of bars and galleries, while avoiding tourist traps. Including a stop into a hip café near the town hall for a sip of local craft beer and a chat about contemporary life in Ljubljana.
You will then go on to explore the Bohemian corner of Ljubljana while passing the Art Nouveau highlights. Enter an old factory full of galleries you won’t find in guidebooks.
We’ll finish up passing the cult band Laibach’s studio and entering the “city within the city,” or legendary Metelkova. Surrounded with graffiti, wild street art, and music clubs, you will get to try some traditional local beer as we discuss how Slovenian 80s music paved the way for the country’s independence.
- Three beers
- Prosciutto and cheese
Ajdovščina 1, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
STA Travel Café, Ajdovščina 1, 1000 Ljubljana
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point
- Please note that alcohol is served on this tour, however, children will be offered a non-alcoholic beverage
- Every day at 5.00pm
Visit Lake Bled and get a bird's eye view from the thousand-year-old Bled Castle. Then head to Lake ...
Visit Slovenia's largest lake and see the unspoilt beauty of the Triglav National Park.
Spend the day touring the spectacular mountains and taking in scenes of breathtaking natural beauty.
Explore one of the biggest and most beautiful cave systems in the world, before heading off to meet ...
Follow the River Soča by train, then take to the water via boat and visit the largest wine cellar in...
Spend the day in the iconic city of canals and bridges, somewhere everyone should visit at least onc...