Maribor and Ptuj day trip from Ljubljana with ŽIče Carthusian Monastery
- Visit the beautiful Ptuj Castle
- Admire the impressive Žiče Carthusian Monastery
- Walk around in the most charming medieval towns
The north-east of Slovenia is a blend of fascinating nature, inspiring traditions and vibrant history. On your day trip, you will visit two cities. Admire Slovenia's oldest town Ptuj with its magnificent castle, and explore the inviting city of Maribor, which is the second biggest city in Slovenia.
Next, you will have the chance to taste some excellent wines from the sunny vineyards of the Štajerska region. At the end of your day, you will visit a Carthusian monastery in Žice, one of the most beautiful medieval monasteries.
- English-speaking guide
- Sightseeing tour of Maribor and Ptuj
- Entrance to Žice Carthusian Monastery
- Ptuj Castle entrance fee
- Wine tasting
Grand Hotel Union Business, Miklošičeva street 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Ljubljana. Please indicate your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not select a pick-up point, you will be automatically assigned to the Grand Hotel Union Business pick-up point.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Minimum numbers apply for the Group tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tour operates every day at 8.30am
Visit Lake Bled and get a bird's eye view from the thousand-year-old Bled Castle. Then head to Lake ...
Visit Slovenia's largest lake and see the unspoilt beauty of the Triglav National Park.
Spend the day touring the spectacular mountains and taking in scenes of breathtaking natural beauty.
Explore one of the biggest and most beautiful cave systems in the world, before heading off to meet ...
Follow the River Soča by train, then take to the water via boat and visit the largest wine cellar in...
Spend the day in the iconic city of canals and bridges, somewhere everyone should visit at least onc...