Step into Slovenia's magical underworld as you enter Postojna's famous caves. Carved out by the flowing waters of the River Pivka over millions of years, the labyrinthine passages and halls are dimly lit, only just illuminating the fascinating geological features within them. You will explore all 21 kilometers, wandering past dripstone walls, translucent curtains and pillars of varying sizes, each more colorful than the last. As your guide leads you from stalagmite to stalagtite, you'll learn about just how this complex geological structure came to be and the legends which surround it. Once you've surfaced, the day continues with a trip to Predjama Castle. An impressive building which hangs dramatically over you on its 100-meter-high vertical cliff, it was once home to the infamous robber knight, Erasmus. Hear all about his life and about the castle which are both shrouded in mystery before heading back to Ljubljana through verdant green landscapes.
Culture & history
Private tour of Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 6 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Step into a geological fairy kingdom underground
- Excite your imagination in a striking medieval castle
- Discover some of Slovenia's best myths and legends
What to expect
- Transportation with Mercedes or BMW type of vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Postojna Cave entrance fee
- Predjama Castle entrance fee and audio guide
- Children (3-14 years)
- Infants (0-2 years): free
Miklošičeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Please confirm your pick-up location on booking.
What to remember
- Appropriate footwear and clothing needed for the excursion
- This tour is available daily at 8.30am
- The tour will last approximately 6.5. hours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.