- Visit Stonehenge, one of the world's most iconic prehistoric sites
- Explore the Visitors Center to try to uncover Stonehenge's mystery
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating prehistoric sites as well as entry to the visitor center, which displays hundreds of prehistoric objects from Stonehenge. This stone-circle-shaped structure is a UNESCO World Heritage site dating back to the Neolithic era. It is believed to have been built around 2500 BC, though no one knows exactly for what. While Stonehenge's purpose still remains a mystery, historians and archaeologists have put forth a few theories and speculations which you can discover at the Visitor Center.
In addition, the new outdoor gallery showcases several reconstructed Neolithic houses designed to offer some insight into the Neolithic lifestyle of the individuals who constructed this masterpiece of engineering.
All photos by English Heritage
- Entry to Stonehenge (ticket has timed entry)
- Children 5-15 years old: reduced
- Senior Citizens 60+: reduced
- Students: reduced (must show a valid student ID)
- Family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children)
Stonehenge Visitor Center, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7DE
Please show your voucher at the main reception of the Stonehenge Visitor Center upon arrival to exchange your voucher for a ticket
- Admission to Stonehenge is now managed through timed tickets so advance booking is strongly recommended as it's the only way to guarantee entry on the day and at the time of your choice
- Parking is available on site, and is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders
- Bus access: The Stonehenge Tour Bus is the public bus departing from Salisbury rail and bus stations
- Every day
- Last entry is two hours prior to closing time
- Opening Hours are as follows for General Admission.
- 30th March 2018 to 31st May 2018: Open 09:30 (last booking slot 16:30-17:00) Close 19:00
- 1st June 2018 to 31st August 2018: Open 09:00 (last booking slot 17:30-18:00) Close 20:00
- 1st September 2018 to 15th October 2018: Open 09:30 (last booking slot 16:30-17:00) Close 19:00
- 16th October 2018 to 1st April 2019*: Open 09:30 (last booking slot 14:30-15:00) Close 17:00
- *except 26th Dec 18 (Boxing Day) and 1st Jan 19 (New Year’s Day): Open 10:00 (last booking slot 14:30-15:00) Close 17:00
- NO BOOKINGS: 20th June 2018, 21st June 2018, 24th December 2018, 25th December 2018
What better way to enjoy the highlights of London than on-board a vintage 1950s Routemaster bus with...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
Visit the official London residence of the royal family: Buckingham Palace. Your visit includes time...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
Visit London’s iconic Globe Theatre and learn about the master bard, Shakespeare, with this special ...
This 40-minute circular sightseeing cruise will get you acquainted with London’s prime riverfront re...
The View from The Shard – the tallest building in Western Europe – takes you on a multi-sensory jour...
Which child does not dream of becoming a knight, an explorer, a test driver or a pilot and entering ...
To many, Oxford has long been associated with its famous University. However, for fans of Inspector ...