Stonehenge admission ticket
- Visit Stonehenge, one of the world's most iconic prehistoric sites
- Explore the Visitors Center to try to uncover Stonehenge's mystery
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating prehistoric sites as well as entry to the visitor center, which displays hundreds of prehistoric objects from Stonehenge. This stone-circle-shaped structure is a UNESCO World Heritage site dating back to the Neolithic era. It is believed to have been built around 2500 BC, though no one knows exactly for what. While Stonehenge's purpose still remains a mystery, historians and archaeologists have put forth a few theories and speculations which you can discover at the Visitor Center.
In addition, the new outdoor gallery showcases several reconstructed Neolithic houses designed to offer some insight into the Neolithic lifestyle of the individuals who constructed this masterpiece of engineering.
All photos by English Heritage
- Entry to Stonehenge (ticket has timed entry)
- Children 5-15 years old: reduced
- Senior Citizens 60+: reduced
- Students: reduced (must show a valid student ID)
- Family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children)
Stonehenge Visitor Center, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7DE
Please show your voucher at the main reception of the Stonehenge Visitor Center upon arrival to exchange your voucher for a ticket
- Admission to Stonehenge is now managed through timed tickets so advance booking is strongly recommended as it's the only way to guarantee entry on the day and at the time of your choice
- Parking is available on site, and is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders
- Bus access: The Stonehenge Tour Bus is the public bus departing from Salisbury rail and bus stations
Open every day
1 April – 31 May
9.30am – 7pm
1 June – 31 August
9am – 8pm
1 September – 16 October
9.30am – 7pm
17 October – 1 April
9.30am – 5pm
23 – 24 December: see website for times
10am – 5pm
Closed on 25 December
Opening times on 20 – 21 June are subject to change due to summer solstice.
Last entry is two hours prior to closing time
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...