Lucca aperitivo adventure
- Get a literal taste for life in Lucca by participating in the aperitivo tradition
- Sample Tuscan bread, Pecorino cheese, cured ham, and more!
- Indulge in Montecarlo red and white wines, artisan beer, and the secret-recipe local liqueur
- Uncover hidden corners of this medieval city
- Relax under a setting sun at a bar in the magnificent Amphitheatre Square
This Lucca tour is all about experiencing the city the real way, by becoming a local for a day! Italy is famed for the importance it places on food and drink, so of course, we’ll learn about (and taste!) lots of it as we go. And along the way, we’ll uncover majestic city walls, narrow roads, tall towers, and arts and crafts shops. You’ll also realise why Lucca is known as the city of 100 churches.
Your Lucca tour will start at the city’s train station, and from there we’ll walk past the majestic city walls and enjoy a view of Lucca before diving into local life. We’ll head to the city centre, where the beautiful Romanesque marble Cathedral stands.
We’ll then head to a favourite local spot: San Michele in Foro Square. This is where locals come to meet up with one another, typically for a friendly chat in a nice coffee bar.
Lucca’s locals love going for aperitivo after work — meeting with friends and spending a few hours indulging in a glass of good wine and some savoury snacks. And because this tour is all about showing you local life, of course our first stop will be an old vineria, a small wine bar typical of the Tuscan tradition, where we’ll order a glass of wine with a snack.
We’ll then head to Amphitheatre Square, the only oval square in Italy that takes the place of the typical Roman amphitheatre. We’ll relax with a glass of artisan beer produced in the Garfagnana mountains — and, of course, you can’t sample beer without a side of cured meats and pecorino cheese.
We’ll then head to a local lounge where we can try fettunta, a toasted bread with extra olive oil — as well as another glass of quality wine.
Our last stop will be a small wine bar where we can have our final drink. And if you want to truly go local, then it’s time to try the typical liqueur of Lucca, Biadina, made from a secret recipe and served with pine nuts.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples (selection of local cured meats and cheese, buffet of local snacks)
- 2 glasses of wine or beer
- Small glass of local liquor
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
Children 0-5 years old: free
At the entrance to Lucca train station, under the taxi sign
- Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes for walking
- Every day
- At 05.30pm
Departs from Lucca to explore the breathtaking Ligurian coast on a tour of Porto Venere and the Cinq...
Departs from Lucca to disovery Florence on your own and the Chianti region with the afternoon wine t...
Departs from Lucca to Florence to learn to cook like an Italian at a 4-hour market to table cooking ...
Departs from Lucca to Florence to learn how to make two of the most delicious Italian dishes: pizza ...
Pistoia has been declared Italy’s Capital of Culture for 2017, so we say now’s the time to get a hea...
Hai sempre desiderato provare l'emozione del volo, ma non ti piace l'idea di lanciarti e cadere nel ...