Classic 2-hour Lucerne city walking tour
- Walk to the Musegg wall, the town fortification built in the Middle Ages
- See the façade paintings at Hirschenplatz and the Wine Market in the heart of Old Town
- Cross the river on the world-famous Chapel Bridge
- Enjoy a guided tour through the “Danse Macabre” a seven paintings gallery by Jakob von Wyl
With a mix of medieval and modern architecture, Lucerne ranks among the most culturally and historically exciting cities in Switzerland. On this walking tour, leave the map behind and navigate the city with ease. Visit top attractions including the 14th-century Musegg Wall and the 16th-century Ritterscher Palace—with entry fees included. Delve into Lucerne’s history in the Old Town and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
Take the public bus to the Lion square where you will see the Bourbaki Museum and get some brief information about it. A few steps further you reach the world famous Lion Monument, which reminds you of the fallen Swiss mercenaries during the French Revolution and receive brief historical background information about the mercenary service, the most valuable Swiss export good of the early modern period.
After, walk to the Musegg wall, the town fortification built in the Middle Ages. You visit the Schirmer Tower and the Clock Tower and hear about the most interesting things from that time. Continue to the heart of the Old Town and see the façade paintings at Hirschenplatz and the Wine Market. Here you will learn why the old city fountains carry the best water of Lucerne and you can taste it yourself at the oldest fountain in the city.
At the Corn Market you will see the Town Hall and Tower dating back to the early 17th century and stroll through the legendary Furrengasse and cross the river on the world-famous Chapel Bridge to the 17th century Jesuit Church, the first Baroque church in Switzerland.
Finally, reach the Ritter Palace for a visit inside. You will learn about the history of this florentine Palazzo dating back to the 16th Century and enjoy a guided tour through the “Danse Macabre” a seven paintings gallery by Jakob von Wyl. (except on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays when the Ritter Palace is closed and cannot be visited inside).
- City walking tour with English-speaking local guide
- Entrance fees
- All other services as per description
- Bus ticket, if applicable
- Gratuities (optional)
- Youths aged (13-19): reduced
- Children aged (0-12): free
Rosengart Platz, 6004 Lucerne, Switzerland
Meet your Local Guide at Rosengartplatz / Rathausquai (at the Chapel Bridge, right hand riverside).
- Maximum of 12 people per tour group
- Approximately 2.5 km walking distance
- From your meeting point choose to walk or take the public bus to the Lion Square
- When you check in at a hotel in Lucerne, you should receive a free public transportation ticket for the entire stay. Please bring this ticket with you to travel to Old Town. If you do not have a ticket, the cost for your bus ticket is at your expense
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 2.00pm
- Please see calendar for exact available dates
- Tour operates from from May to October
Don't miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday on a thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to...
Take a full-day excursion to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Located at the fo...
Mount Pilatus – the Golden Round Trip has it all! Enjoy on this afternoon excursion the ascent by di...
Walk to the bike rental station after meeting your guide, Ralf, where after some practice and explan...
As the tour starts you hear the fire horn followed by the invocation pray. The Nightwatchman introdu...
Start from the lobby of your hotel, the Nightwatchman (a guide dressed in medieval attire) introduce...