Lucerne private bike and city walking tour
- Photograph the Chapel Bride and Water Tower
- Visit the Jesuit Church and Ritter Palace
- Admire the old houses in Stag Square and Town Hall in the the Kornmarkt
- Climb the Clock Tower on Musegg hill
Walk to the bike rental station after meeting your guide, Ralf, where after some practice and explanation your off to explore the historical city center on a 2.5-hour tour.
The first stop is at the Chapel Bridge and Water Tower where you get brief information on the most photographed attraction in Switzerland!
A short bike ride further you'll visit the Jesuit Church, the first baroque church in Switzerland and a stone’s throw away is the Ritter Palace where you will marvel at the "Danse Macabre" paintings (except on Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and special events).
Then, ride your bike over the Reuss Bridge to Mill Square. See the wooden Mill Bridge and will get further information about the historical attractions in Old Lucerne.
Next, travel to Löwengraben street where you will continue on foot. Your guide will take you to Stag Square to see old houses, to the Kornmarkt to admire the Town Hall and to the Wine Market where you will drink from the best water of Lucerne.
Walk up Musegg hill, a ten minute walk to the ancient fortification wall dating back to the 15th century and climb the the steep stairs to see the fascinating Clock Tower from the inside.
Continue biking through Hertensteinstrasse to the Lion Monument and hear the story commemorating it to the fallen swiss mercenaries during the French Revolution.
After a short ride on your bike you will arrive at Schwanenplatz where your guide informs you about St. Peter's Chapell, the Chappel Bridge and the Zur Gilgen House, before biking back to the rental station.
- Private combined biking and walking tour with a local guide
- Bike rental
- Helmet (It is not mandatory to wear a helmet in Switzerland while biking)
- Gratuities (optional)
Meet your guide in the lobby of your hotel. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Maximum of 6 people per tour group
- Note that there is a minimum booking number of 6 guests for this tour (prices are shown as priced per person)
- Should you wish to take a private tour with less than 6 people, you may, but you will still be asked to pay the full group price for 6 people
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Minimum age to participate on this tour is 14
- Visit to Ritter Palace is not available on Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and special events
- You will be required to sign a waiver, declaring that you have experience riding a bike in city traffic
- Please respect the city's traffic regulations
- The tour takes place in all weather, dress appropriate
- In case of bad weather the tour can be turned into a 2.5-hour walking tour (without biking). The decision is solely by the client at the time of pick-up
- Please see calendar for exact available days
- 9.30am and 2.00pm
- Tour operates from from May to October
Mount Pilatus is located near Lucerne and can be reached by a panoramic cable car from Kriens or by ...
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilat...
Don't miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday on a thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to...
Take a full-day excursion to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Located at the fo...
As the tour starts you hear the fire horn followed by the invocation pray. The Nightwatchman introdu...
Start from the lobby of your hotel, the Nightwatchman (a guide dressed in medieval attire) introduce...