Dolphins and Whales Watching in Madeira
- Discover the beauty of Madeira Sea and Coast line on board a catamaran
- Have the chance to see dolphins, whales and turtles in their natural habitat
- Prepare to hoist the sails, a unique and relaxing sensation
- Go for a swim and do snorkeling in the summer
Come aboard one of a comfortable catamaran for a relaxing trip along the South coast of Madeira. The duration of the trip is 3 hours, with a strong possibility of spotting whales and dolphins in all their magnitude and in their natural habitat.
If the winds are favorable, prepare to hoist the sails, a unique and relaxing sensation! During the summer months there is a possibility for a stop for swimming below the cliffs of Cabo Girão, one of the highest sea cliffs in the world at 580 m in altitude. During the trip, your qualified crew will give you detailed information in various languages about the species of cetaceans you are seeing, as well as other technical and historic information to ensure a complete and unique experience.
In the case you don’t see any cetaceans, you will be offered a second trip (from June to 15 of September, the second trip will be on the Sunset trip schedule).
- Catatamaran half day cruise
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Free for children 0-4 years
- Reduced for children 5-12 years
Marina do Funchal, Loja 9 - VMT Madeira - Catamaran Trips Office ( access is possible by private stairs of the office by the main road upper the marina)
- Please bring a windbreaker and sunscreen. For the summer time you could also bring a towel and swimwear
- The catamarans are equipped with toilets, a bar with snacks and beverages
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements or bad weather conditions. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Morning tour at 10.30am
- Afternoon tour at 3.00pm
Blackout dates: 25 December, 1 January
A relatively new route from the many quality hikes around Madeira, this Fanal guided walk features f...
The eastern-most peninsula in Madeira, Ponta São Lourenço, is in the spotlight on this full day guid...
Emerald green landscapes characterise this hike to some of the most remote areas on Madeira. You'll ...
Considered one of the prettiest levada walks in Madeira, the Ribeiro Frio hike will not disappoint. ...
With speed, stealth and know-how, this dolphin-watching cruise takes it to the next level. You'll se...
La beauté naturelle de Madère peut également être admirée depuis la mer, alors montez à bord à Funch...