- Discover the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an outstanding architectural complex built in the 16th century
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen, conceived to commemorate the combatants who died during the Spanish Civil War
- Explore the Royal Site of Aranjuez, originally planned by Felipe II and inaugurated by Carlos III
Combine two half-day tours and save money! This itinerary includes:
Royal Monastery of El Escorial (morning): we will start our visit at El Escorial, a symbol of the Spanish power in the XVI century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction, according to the humanist Renaissance style, for years it had been considered the eighth wonder of the world. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
Basilic of the Valley of the Fallen (morning): Located 9 km away from El Escorial, this enormous monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honor the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at 1350 meters of altitude, where an impressive 150 meters high cross places itself over the magnificent nature reserve of Madrid mountain range.
Aranjuez (afternoon): Royal Site of the Crown of Spain to 46 km south of Madrid, situated in a fertile valley on the banks of the River Tagus (Tajo), known for its Royal Palace, its numerous gardens and for have been the inspiration to the composer Joaquin Rodrigo to create the Concert of Aranjuez. UNESCO declared Aranjuez Cultural Landscape a World Heritage Site in 2001.
The Royal Palace, where we will appreciate the variety of decorative styles and emphasizing the China Chamber Porcelain and the Throne Room of Elizabeth II, The Prince's Gardens, the Parterre and the Island is characterized by great variety of vegetation and tree species.
The Museum of Royal Feluccas (a type of long and narrow light boats, used in ports and rivers) was built in 1963 and exhibits the boats used by the royal family to navigate the Tagus River.
These include a gondola belonging to Philip V, although the ship actually dates to the reign of Charles II, and the boats of Charles IV, Ferdinand VII and Elizabeth II.
Attention: the Museum of Royal Feluccas will not be visited in October for technical reasons.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
- Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the basilica
- Entrance to the Royal Palace of Aranjuez
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Infants 0-5 years old: free
- Children 6-15 years old: reduced
- Senior +65 years old: reduced
Calle San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Next to Plaza Ramales
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- The Museum of Royal Feluccas won't be visited during October due to technical reasons
- Every Tuesday and Thursday, at 8.45am
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departing time
- Blackout dates: 1 May and 10 September
Take an alternative Madrid city tour and explore the neighborhood of El Rastro, Madrid's most popula...
Avec Das Rheingold, le début de Der Ring des Nibelungen, la tétralogie colossale de Richard Wagner e...
CHINESE ROWYEAR CLOSING PARTY Sábado 28 de julio elrow cierra temporada en FABRIK con Chinese RowYea...
Cerramos temporada de Universiparty el sábado 21 de julio con 12 horas de fiesta en Universiparty Cl...
Domingo 22 de julio vuelve a FABRIK Natura Sunday, bailamos bajo el sol desde las 15:00 de la tarde ...
CASALOCA sábado 21 julio Genres: Hits,Reggaeton Lines Up: Dj Residente Atmospheres: Urban Door Polic...