- The basilica that houses the tombs of former Spanish kings at the Monastery of El Escorial
- The memorial monument of Valley of the Fallen
- One of the most curious renaissance buildings in Spain
Visit two of the most important monuments located on the outskirts of Madrid.
Departing in the afternoon, you’ll be taken to the Valley of the Fallen, a complex built between the years 1940 and 1958 as a memorial monument to honor the memory of the fallen. There, you’ll find the largest cross of the Christian world, as well as the tombs of Francisco Franco and José Antonio Primo de Rivera.
Afterwards, you will go to the Monastery of El Escorial, where you'll visit the former home of the Royal Spanish family, the basilica that houses the tombs of former Spanish kings, and the monastery, founded by monks of St. Jerome’s Order, currently occupied by friars of St. Augustine’s Order.
This monastery is one of the most curious renaissance buildings in Spain and overall of Europe. Besides, you’ll get to visit the gardens of the friars, ultimate proof of the concept of gardening that King Phillip II had, which was finding visual beauty as well as allowing the cultivation of vegetables and fruits.
This tour includes transportation and entrances to the Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen.
After the visit to the Monastery you will go back to the square Ventas in Madrid.
- Bilingual guide (simultaneously in English and Spanish)
- Tickets to the Basilic and tickets to the Monastery of El Escorial
- Round transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle from the meeting point to the Escorial and the Valley and back to Madrid
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Infants 0-2 years old: free
- Children 3-11 years old: reduced
Ventas Metro Station, exit Street Julio Camba
- From April to October: Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at 2.00pm
- From November to March: Fridays and Saturdays at 2.00pm
- Blackout dates: 24/25/31 December, 1 January
Take an alternative Madrid city tour and explore the neighborhood of El Rastro, Madrid's most popula...
Avec Das Rheingold, le début de Der Ring des Nibelungen, la tétralogie colossale de Richard Wagner e...
Cerramos temporada de Universiparty el sábado 21 de julio con 12 horas de fiesta en Universiparty Cl...
Shows especiales en nuestro escenario Sorpresas para los asistentes La mejor música del momento. #Ju...
LEGACY sexi & fun nights Genres: Hits Lines Up: TBA Atmospheres: Elegant Door Policies: Casual dress...
Domingo 22 de julio vuelve a FABRIK Natura Sunday, bailamos bajo el sol desde las 15:00 de la tarde ...