Habsburgs Madrid Walking Tour and Royal Palace
- The Royal Palace majestically shows its history of monarchs
- Plaza Mayor is the heart of Hapsburg Madrid
- In Plaza de la Villa has its place the Casa de la Villa which was the seat of the local government
- Santa Cruz Palace was built as a jail and stands out for its central great shield and two high-spire towers
With this walking tour you will discover the most emblematic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque period of Madrid.
Habsburg is the name given to Madrid when the Habsburg dynasty reigned in Spain. This reign began with Charles I, who enriched the city with palaces and monuments. Later on, Philip II made it the capital of Spain and the city grew dramatically.
The journey through the Renaissance and Baroque style buildings of this era is perhaps one of the most picturesque and representative of Madrid.
During the tour, you will stop at one of the most emblematic cafés of this popular area of the city, where you will be offered a drink.
The Royal Palace was built in the XVIII century upon the ancient Baroque Italian style fortress of the Habsburg. It is one of the most beautiful and best preserved palaces in Europe and a symbol of the permanence and consolidation of Madrid as the capital of the Kingdom. The Palace was the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1765 to 1931.
To date, the most stunning receptions of the Spanish Crown are celebrated here: audiences, dinner parties, signature of agreements and the traditional ceremony of presentation of Credential Letters from foreign ambassadors to His Majesty the King.
- Bilingual official guide
- Free drink at an emblematic café during the tour
- Entrance and guided tour to Royal Palace
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Free for children 0-5 years (meals and consumptions not included)
- Reduced for children 6-15 years and Senior +65
Calle San Nicolás, 13, 28013 Madrid, Spain
This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Royal Palace
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- This excursion is bilingual and will be in English and Spanish
- Group size: min. 2 people
Daily at 10.00am / Chek-in at 9.45am
Visit the Royal Palace of Madrid with an expert professional guide. Admire the throne room, the hall...
The best tour to get acquainted with the city. During approximated 2:30 hours, we’ll see the most im...
In this walking tour you will discover the essence of Madrid, the places you cannot miss when you vi...
The highly popular Parque del Retiro of Madrid is one of the most famous and beutiful parks of the c...
The most fun and definitely the easiest way to see the city of Madrid is on this double-decker bus. ...
During the journey to Toledo you will be accompanied by the guide who will tell you the most astonis...
The Monastery of El Escorial was built under the reign of the powerful King Philip II to be a reside...
In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a ...
The Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, commonly known as El Escorial, is a historical residen...
Visit Ávila and Salamanca: on this tour with bilingual guide you will learn the legends and history ...