Old Madrid tapas tour for small groups
- You will visit 4 authentics tapas bars with a friendly local guide
- Fun and informal atmosphere
- You will know the most representative places of old Madrid
- Learn more about tapas and Spanish customs
Spaniards usually go to different tapas bars for dinner sharing different food dishes like Iberian ham, cheese, croquettes, fried cod etc is what they call "ir de tapas" (go out for tapas). The idea of this tour is to do what spaniards do, go to several tapas bars and try their drinks and tapas.
You will begin the tour at 12.30pm or 7.00pm (Depending on the chosen departure time), at The Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree (Puerta del Sol). From there you will go to the first stop, an Iberian ham shop where you can try their specialty, the ham and their cheese of sheep and goat. Discover the importance of the pork for the Spanish culture.
After that, you will go to the second stop, but first you will cross the Puerta del Sol and enter in the literary neighborhood. Here you stop in a restaurant / bar or "tasca" typically "Madrilenian", and try their tapas or half/full portions more famous, as The Spanish omelette, Pepper padron, Fried squids, Bravas, Chorizo in cider etc .. and while you taste these dishes you will learn a little more about the Spanish history, always surrounded by a friendly and informal atmosphere.
Then, you will go to the third stop, but firstyou will pass Calle Mayor, Plaza Mayor, whereyou will learn about many stories before arriving at the third place. It is a small bar where you will try their most famous tapas and drinks. when you finish you will continue visiting other parts of old Madrid, like Plaza de la Villa, where was the old city hall of Madrid, until you get to the last stop in Los Austrias neighborhood. The last bar is an Asturian one and there you will finish the tour by trying their specialties and their dessert.
- Four authentics tapas bars
- Local guide in English and Spanish
- Beverages (wine, beer, soft drinks or water) in each bar
- Food tasting as (Iberian ham, Manchego cheese, garlic shrimp,bravas, padron pepper, anchovies in vinegar, croquettes, Fried cod, Spanish omelette etc)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Gratuities (optional)
Plaza Puerta del Sol, 1-3, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree (Puerta del Sol). Look for the red umbrella!
- Minimum age is 18 year
- Not recommended for vegans and lactose intolerant
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Group size: min. 2 max. 8 people
- Daily at 12.30pm and 7.00pm
- Blackout dates: From 21 to 26 December and from 5 to 19 March
la liga spain: Real Madrid - Villarreal CF 05-05-2019 Paseo de la Castellana, 142, 28036 Madrid, Spa...
Fiche artistique : Opéra en trois actes Musique : Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791) Livret : Giova...
Attention, lors de l’achat de ce match, vous recevrez une contremarque qui ne permet pas l’accès au ...
After Brunch te invita a despedir el año en una fiesta súper exclusiva en el Hotel ME Madrid. 3 Opci...
CHILLING Genres: Hits Lines Up: TBA Atmospheres: Elegant Door Policies: Casual dress code Age Polici...
BALLROOM todos los jueves con la mejor música actual y un toque de los 90. Genres: Electronic,Hits,9...