- The main Spanish national art museum, located in central Madrid
- One of the world's finest collections of European art
- The best single collection of Spanish art
- Access also to temporary exhibitions
The Museo Nacional del Prado is Spain's most visited museum, and one of the world's finest art galleries. At the Prado Museum you can see works by the great masters of painting. Nowadays we can contemplate in the Museum as greatest masterpieces as The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch, The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest by El Greco, Death of the Virgin by Mantegna, The Holy Family known as The Pearl by Raphael, Emperor Carlos V on Horseback by Titian, The Foot Washing by Tintoretto, Self-portrait by Durër , Las Meninas by Velázquez, The Three Graces by Rubens, and The Family of Carlos IV by Goya.
It is in a privileged central location, surrounded by trees and monuments. It is internationally famous, mainly on account of its enviable collection of paintings. The museum has the world's largest collection of Spanish painting. It is a unique ensemble, that goes from the Romanesque through to the 19th century, with essential works by artists such as El Greco, Murillo, Zurbarán, Ribera, Sorolla, Goya and Velázquez. The last two of these are particularly brilliant. The wonderful collection of Goya’s works comprises more than 140 pieces and will let you see its evolution: amongst other memorable works, you can see The Family of Charles IV, The Parasol, The Majas, The Charge of the Mamluks and his famous black paintings. As far as Velázquez is concerned, the Prado has around fifty of his works, including almost all his most important canvasses, such as The Maids of Honour, The Rendition of Breda, The Spinners and The Drunkards.
- Entrance to Prado Museum
- Guided visit (only if choosen)
- Free entry for people younger than 18 years old and senior over 65
Please note: Only the standard price is available while booking online
Paseo del Prado, s/n, 28014 Madrid, Spain
- All the museum cloakrooms offer free wheelchairs and walking sticks at the visitor’s disposal
- The museum has lifts, ramps, platforms and restrooms specially adapted for wheelchair users
- Only the standard price is available while booking online
- Tickets include access to permanent collection and temporary exhibitions shown on the date of the visit. The temporary exhibitions require the reservation of the time slot at the ticket office before entering the museum
- The guided visit will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternate date for your booking
- If you choose the Guided Visit Option, during the tour your guide will give detailed descriptions of select paintings
- Monday-Saturday: 10.00am-8.00pm
- Sundays and holidays: 10.00am-7.00pm
- Closed: 1 January, 1 May, and 25 December
- Reduced opening hours: 10.00am-2.00pm: 6 January, 24 and 31December
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing (the galleries are cleared 10 minutes before closing)
- Guided visits, with a duration of two hours, are available in English, Spanish and Italian on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 10.30am
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the stating time
- Blackout dates: 25 December, 1 January
The Paseo del Arte pass allows you to visit three of Madrid’s best museums and is valid for one year...
The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía of Madrid is dedicated to late 19th and 20th century a...
The Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza is an important cultural center in the Paseo del Prado in Madr...
For the first time in history, a travelling exhibition co-produced by the Auschwitz-Birkenau State M...
"Monet/Boudin is the first exhibition devoted entirely to the relationship between the great Impress...
At Madrid’s Reina Sofía Museum, you will admire the work from some of the best Spain’s 20th-century ...
Discover the highlights of the vast history of Spain’s art with a private guide. The Museo Nacional ...
On this tour with a professional guide, you’ll get to know the workshop of the painter Joaquín Sorol...
Visit Toledo and Segovia and admire the main attractions of these two cities, as they are some of th...
With this tour you'll visit Rueda, an important area where you can find out the most popular white w...