Let’s make Hierbas: guided tour in Mallorca with liquor tasting
- Learn how to make Hierbas, a traditional Mallorcan liquor
- Wander the hills searching out and collecting the herbs that go into the drink
- Visit a local house and its beautiful garden to see how the locals live
- Enjoy a Spanish-style snack on your guide’s home patio as you watch the sunset
- Keep your own bottle of Hierbas (made by you!) to enjoy with friends back home
Locals in Mallorca love to gather with friends around a table and share some homemade Hierbas (a liquor made from anise and other local herbs). That’s why we’re inviting you to come make your own bottle of Hierbas, just like a local!
Your Mallorca tour will meet at the Palma bus station, and from there we’ll all head to your guide’s home village of Esporles, a lovely community in the Serra Tramuntana mountains (a UNESCO World Heritage site).
Once we’re in town, we’ll walk the hills and collect the herbs we’ll need to make our Hierbas liquor. You’ll get to learn about local plant life while taking in the spectacular natural landscape. Some plants are easier to find at home than on the hill though, so we'll also visit our own garden and forage for rosemary, chamomile and maybe one or two other herbs – there’s no better way to get a taste for local life than exploring a local’s garden!
Once we’ve gathered all the herbs, we’ll gather ourselves on your guide’s patio and start to prepare our bottles. You’ll get to choose the herbs you prefer to put in your own personal concoction.
After all that Hierbas brewing, we’ll take a break and indulge in a merienda — a light snack typical of Mallorca. We'll nibble and have time to chat and share stories as we watch a Spanish sunset.
Your Hierbas will take three months to ferment, so it won’t be ready to drink just yet. But don’t worry, you’ll get to take your bottle home with you. Serve it to some friends back home and savour the experience, just like a Mallorca local.
(Note that if you’re travelling by air and with only carry-on luggage, you can get a smaller-sized bottle of Hierbas to take back with you.)
- Local English-speaking guide
- Spanish snack
- All the ingredients to make Hierbas
- The Hierbas bottle
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for the guide
- Children 0-5 years: free
- Children 6-11 years: reduced
Plaça d'Espanya, 5, 07002 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
In front of the equestrian statue of King James I, in Plaza España, Palma https://goo.gl/maps/x9Udonn25N72
- Hierbas is a strong alcoholic drink, but we will not be drinking any of it during the actual tour
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking
- This is a child-friendly tour; however, please note that Hierbas is a local alcohol product
From Monday to Friday at 4:45 PM
One of Majorca's most beautiful towns is home to one of its most inspiring locations. Over the centu...
Journey to the centre of the earth with a visit to one of Mallorca's most dramatic cave systems - th...
Pirate Tim and Calypso the Parrot need your help to find their lost treasure. But first you need to ...
Often referred to as Majorca's answer to the Caribbean, Es Trenc beach is one of those wild and natu...
Water babies will absolutely love this unique excursion that combines a range of underwater activiti...
Coasteering is a wet and wild adventure suitable for families, children or adults. It combines swimm...