- A centre for culture and of encounters
- One of the major cultural institutions of the city
- Outstanding works of the different genres of nineteenth-century Spanish painting
- A special dialogue with memory and the past
The Carmen Thyssen Museum of Málaga opened to the public on 24 March 2011. The main focus of the museum is 19th-century Spanish painting, predominantly Andalusian, based on the collection of Carmen Cervera, wife of Baron Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza. Since 1992 the Thyssen family's art collection has been on display at the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum in Madrid. Carmen Thyssen has been an art collector in her own right since the 1980s, and her personal collection is shown separately. In 1999, she agreed to display many items from her collection in the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum for a period of twelve years. Meanwhile, a home for her collection was sought in Málaga. One of Malaga's aspirations is to become a centre for culture and of encounters, a city of museums, a must for those interested in discovering, taking delight in and contemplating works of art.
- Entrance ticket
Plaza Carmen Thyssen - C/Compañía, 10
Plaza Carmen Thyssen - C/Compañía, 10. 29008 Málaga
- Exchange the voucher for your tickets at the museum's ticket office
- Free admission every Sunday from 5.00pm
- Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00am to 8.00pm
- Monday closed (except public holidays)
- The museum is closed on 25 December and 1 January
- The box office will close 30 minutes before the museum closes. The exhibition rooms will be emptied five minutes before closing
Discover the fantastic city of Marbella, located on the Mediterranean shore between Málaga and the S...
The beautiful city of Málaga is located in the very west of the Mediterranean sea and in the south o...
Visit the Nigerian Women Association and see the beautiful city of Málaga from a unique perspective....
Don't miss out on this exclusive foodie experience, which combines a fun-filled market tour with a c...
Join this tour for an authentic experience, where you will learn about the traditions and customs th...
Spend a day at Finca La Melonera, one of Ronda’s most fascinating wineries. The area around Ronda ha...