Picasso Foundation Birthplace and Museum skip the line combination tickets
- A collection with more of four thousand pieces by over 200 different artists
- Picasso’s sketchbooks in preparation for "Las señoritas de Aviñón"
- Various original objects, family souvenirs and pieces made by Picasso
- A continuous program of temporary exhibitions and cultural activities
In 1881, Pablo Picasso - the most important artist of the 20th century - was born at No. 15 Plaza de la Merced. Declared an Artistic-Historical Monument of National Interest in 1983, the Birthplace and Museum started out on the first floor, and now occupies the whole of the building. Since 2005, there is also another exhibition room at No. 13 of this same square.
During its existence, the Pablo Ruiz Picasso Foundation has compiled a collection of works of art featuring over four thousand pieces by over 200 different artists. These include Picasso’s sketchbooks in preparation for "Las señoritas de Aviñón", the only sketchbooks of this kind contained in a Spanish collection, dating from 1907.
Its exhibition rooms contain various original objects, family souvenirs, and pieces made by the artist that document the family, social, and cultural ties of Pablo Picasso with the place he was born. The Birthplace and Home of Pablo Ruiz Picasso also houses a specialist library and offers a continuous program of temporary exhibitions and cultural activities.
- Combination ticket: Birthplace Museum and temporary exhibitions
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Calle Merced, 2, 29012 Málaga, Spain
Plaza de la Merced, 15 - 29012 Málaga Buses 36, 1, 37 and Circular 2
- The day of your visit, you must exchange your printed voucher for your combined tickets at the ticket office
- Daily, from 9.30am to 8.00pm (including bank holidays)
- 24 and 31 December
- Closed: 1 January and 25 December
- The public's admission will end 15 minutes before the closing of the museum
Discover the fantastic city of Marbella, located on the Mediterranean shore between Málaga and the S...
Visit the Nigerian Women Association and see the beautiful city of Málaga from a unique perspective....
Don't miss out on this exclusive foodie experience, which combines a fun-filled market tour with a c...
Join this tour for an authentic experience, where you will learn about the traditions and customs th...
Málaga has more museums than any other city in Andalucia, and one of the most notable ones is defini...
Spend a day at Finca La Melonera, one of Ronda’s most fascinating wineries. The area around Ronda ha...